Just joined

Options
Just joined MFP. I hate counting calories, but after only three days of logging I'm looking at what I'm eating and astonished at the numbers. Hopefully this will help me. I've been exercising but eating like junk, so I need to watch my food intake better.

At my heaviest I was 355, I lost about 50 pounds on my own, but now stuck right above 300 and need all the help I can get. Goal weight of 225, and I am starting a running training program. I've done several 5K's in a jog/walk, but I hope to finish one running/jogging the entire distance, so I am doing serious training and also plan to compete in my first half marathon in march 2012 (goal there is just to finish, whether running, jogging, walking or crawling).

Replies

• rachaelps
    rachaelps Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Seeing the calories in writing is a big wake up call isn't it. Good luck to you. You will be able to do it with the tools on here.
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!

You will love this site. Provides great motivation!! So do the people! =-.)

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its amazing how quickly your calories can add up when you are clocking it! i am shocked sometimes for sure!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i didn't want to be troubled counting calories, but with the app it makes it very smooth, and like the other said, its very eye opening to see what some of your favorite snacks are. my 7-11 lattes are 200 calories!! i would have like, three of those a day!

now i eat a whole lot of healthy, and tasty snacks, like carrots and hummus, apple and peanut butter, etc. you get used to it counting, and controlling your portions.