Weighing...........when and how often?

Options
Just wanting to know how often people weigh them selves and when they do it. Is it best to do it once a week, more often or does it not really matter?

Replies

• aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I weigh most days as I am a nosey parker lol... but only record once a week on a Thursday morning :-)
  • thewingnut13
    thewingnut13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I currently do it once a week but i have been thinking about going to once every two weeks.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to know how often people weigh them selves and when they do it. Is it best to do it once a week, more often or does it not really matter?

I would recommend once per week under the same conditions. I tend to not eat anything until 2pm or so, so my weigh-in will occur after I've used the restroom and before I start feeding for the day.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a week, Friday mornings after going to the bed, but before breakfast.

Anymore than that and I start to obsess over the daily fluctuation.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning after i go to the bathroom, but i only record it on here once a week (sundays). i feel weighing everyday helps keep me on track
  • JANELLPOTTORFF
    Options
    I am a daily weigher!
  • lindy1608
    Options
    I am really curious to see if I have lost anything in my first few days but also know I will be totally deflated if I haven't or if it looks good tomorrow then rubbish on Monday.

sneaky peak tomorrow or hold out til Monday?????
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My routine - morning pee first, then weigh myself in my skivvies. (TMI ?) Daily.
    I know, I know...all the experts say not to check everyday. But I can't help it! lol If the scales go up a degree I don't get too concerned, because I know I haven't cheated. If they go down - well I'm dancing and singing all day!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I am really curious to see if I have lost anything in my first few days but also know I will be totally deflated if I haven't or if it looks good tomorrow then rubbish on Monday.

sneaky peak tomorrow or hold out til Monday?????
    is stick with whatever your plan is.. if youre gonna weigh once a week, then wait til monday :)
  • KentoskiM
    Options
    The best time to do it is in the morning because you've had all night to balance out. You could choose to do it before or after using the restroom, just be consistent. Once a week is advised because if you weigh daily, the body goes through a normal fluctuation of weight between 1-4 lbs depending on the person. The best consistent readings are done when taken once every 1-2 weeks, at the same time of day, under similar conditions.
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month
    in the past i use to do it weekly or a few times a week!
    but i found i got to obsessive
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    In the morning, naked, after I pee. Used to do it whenever I want. Trying for once a week now that I'm on a surplus and lifting heavy.
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I find weighing every day but only recording once a week is great as I can get an idea of what my body does in response to exercise, diet change and menstrual cycle! I don't record if it isn't a loss though lol! Never had that happen but that is my plan!
  • Stroghty
    Stroghty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. But if you weigh daily be prepared to see fluctuations as the water weight varies from day to day..
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I weigh on the scale on the back dock at work, usually on a morning or afternoon walk about to get away from this computer screen. The amount that the scale says is not really important to me anymore. I'm using lot's of other numbers to tell me how fit I am.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and only log it if it changes. If I sit at 265 for 3 days I don't bother logging but if it changes good or bad for 3 days I log it every day.
  • skinnygirl49
    Options
    I USUALLY WEIGH EACH DAY, AT THE SAME TIME AFTER I GET UP. BUT I KNOW THAT CAN FLUCTUATE BY A LOT OF THINGS,LIKE EATING TO MUCH SALT, MAYBE NOT DRINKING YOUR WATER. SO, THIS IS ALL YOUR CHOICE OF WHEATHER YOU DO OR YOUR DON'T. MAYBE THE BETTER PART WOULD BE, IS TO TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS. MIGHT BE BETTER THAN WHAT YOU SEE ON THE SCALE. I KNOW THIS BUT, I ALWAYS LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I WEIGH TOO :smile:
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. However, I have been known to take a sneak peek now and again. But definitely log whatever shows on Friday mornings.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    every monring and thats the one i record. i will weigh myself later in the day out of curiosity.