I brought my cholesterol way down!

Options
Jackieb301
Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
Just got my cholesterol test results back! After eating oatmeal every day, watching the amount of cholesterol I eat, and losing 13 pounds.... my total cholesterol went from 249 to 181!
And this is after about 7 weeks of doing the right thing with mfp....so happy:)

Replies

• dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! So proud for you! Keep up the good work! And I love oatmeal, especially this time of year. :smile:
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's hard to get your numbers down..... Keep it up!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Great Job!:heart::flowerforyou: :wink:
  • sugarsnacker
    Options
    Great Job - That is my goal too!!!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Well done but you need to re-evaluate your lifestyle, nutritional balance and activity (exercise) to get that total cholesterol level down a lot more. Stay with your program~~~you're doing great :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I went from total cholesterol to 181 to 159 in three weeks! My sugars went from 117-91. This healthy eating business really works! YYAy!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I go to the doctor to have blood work done on Friday. When I went for my physical in April, my cholesterol and triglycerides were way up for the first time. That is what made me get on MFP and start working with a trainer and doing Zumba etc. I will be anxious to see if my hard work and 17lb weight loss has made a difference.

You should be very proud!! Keep up the good work:wink:
  • ettawelk
    Options
    That's GREAT NEWS!!! Keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Proud of my lil sis.
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted your sucess! I am starting to fix oatmeal every day for my dh, cause his cholesterol is high. I am encouraged that it worked for you! He has lost 3 lbs in the last few weeks, too, so I hope he can keep it up. He is really concerned with his cholesterol, so hopefully we can knock those numbers down as well.
  • pkb614
    pkb614 Posts: 2
    Options
    great Job!!!
  • samantha_runs
    Options
    awesome !
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    For those who don't like oatmeal there are ways to sneak it into your meals. I cook it, cool and then add to smoothies. Also add to meat when making patties, loaves, or meatballs. It is a healthy addition to desserts(cookies, cakes and toppings for fruit). You can put in the blender and blend until fine and add to many recipes. Hope this helps someone eat this really healthy food.
  • Jackieb301
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I didn't think it would come down so quickly...and I'm really loving oatmeal every morning:) I definitely will keep going, need to exercise more... hopefully it'll go even lower!
  • Jackieb301
    Options
    And, might I say.... Better Oats makes GREAT oatmeal!!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Did you eat the instant oatmeal or make your own? I hate how sugary the instant oatmeal is. Not good for me because im Insulin resistant.

CONGRATULATIONS HUN! Hopefully im next with the lowering cholesterol
  • Jackieb301
    Options
    I use the flavored Better Oats, but they make "Raw" or no sugar oatmeal. I've also made my own, adding banana and splenda. My sister stirs in peanut butter and sugar free hot cocoa mix (1/2 packet or so)...yum!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you! Good work!
  • Jackieb301
    Options
    I am so glad you posted your sucess! I am starting to fix oatmeal every day for my dh, cause his cholesterol is high. I am encouraged that it worked for you! He has lost 3 lbs in the last few weeks, too, so I hope he can keep it up. He is really concerned with his cholesterol, so hopefully we can knock those numbers down as well.
    Thank you and good luck! It really helps to monitor my cholesterol intake when I log in my food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!