8,000 calorie burger?!

Options
Ewww. Just watching the NBC nightly news and they're doing story on this (nasty) restaurant in Vegas. They dress up customers as patients, and anyone over 350lbs eats free?? Who the heck thought up this idea. Just what everyone needs, to gain 2lbs eating ONE burger. Yuck!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    challenge_accepted_Amazing_Feats_Fails_WIns_Lolz_and_A_Contest-s325x265-158648-535.png
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    is it the heart attack grill or whatever?? ewww
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    does iot say where in vegas? i DONT want to go just super curious lol

that is disgusting ... id probably throw up eating that
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the Heart Attack Grill, right? That place should be shut down.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I saw that too....gross!!
    Options
    Just kidding :]

I have heard of that! Didn't the owner go into a coma or something because of his diet?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Heart Attack Grill

I just saw that.....Is that not totally insane! what is worse is that people actually go there!!
    Did you see that the spokesperson for his previous restaraunt weighed over 500 lbs and died last year!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Do you get a voucher for a free ambulance ride to the hospital for your first heart attack?
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Ewww. Just watching the NBC nightly news and they're doing story on this (nasty) restaurant in Vegas. They dress up customers as patients, and anyone over 350lbs eats free?? Who the heck thought up this idea. Just what everyone needs, to gain 2lbs eating ONE burger. Yuck!

Pretty sure this started at the Heart Attack Grill in Tempe, AZ. Same company or a copycat?

I think it's funny. I am going to eat there once sometime.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options

I have heard of that! Didn't the owner go into a coma or something because of his diet?

the owner is still there, he dresses up as a DR. The spokesperson who weighed over 500 lbs is the one that died!
  • mynameisl
    Options
    Wow, that's just convincing ALREADY OBESE people to become even MORE obese. I don't know what's more disgusting, an 8,000 calorie burger or the people who came up with this place.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Isn't it called The Heart Attack Grill? They brought one out here too Dallas not too long ago. I've heard its delish!
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's just convincing ALREADY OBESE people to become even MORE obese. I don't know what's more disgusting, an 8,000 calorie burger or the people who came up with this place.
    [/quote

Agreed!!
    And yes, I saw how that spokesman died, I am not surprised--if he frequented this place!
    Options

the owner is still there, he dresses up as a DR. The spokesperson who weighed over 500 lbs is the one that died!

oohh okay I remember seeing something about it on the news xD
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Isn't it called The Heart Attack Grill? They brought one out here too Dallas not too long ago. I've heard its delish!

They started in Arizona, this may be one of the off shoots that the original one in Arizona is suing. I've actually ate at the one in Arizona, I only had a double bypass burger and that was before my weight loss goal.... so embarrassed to admit that! They had a quadruple bypass and a 5 stack one that this huge guy was chowing down on as people cheered him on. It was kinda of disgusting to think about it now.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    We have a place in MI called Tony's that serves HUGE portions. It's disgusting & a total waste of food. You order a side of bacon & you get several pounds! A toast... a loaf. (Now THAT I could do! lol) But the thing is, the food is nasty. No flavor, just grease. I refuse to go there. Was once, never again. Gag...

It's really not much different then going to an all you can eat place. That's gross too. Lot's of obese people. That alone makes me not hungry.
  • rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If I remember right, from seeing it on the travel channel or the food network, the guy that started this place used to be a personal trainer or a dietitian. Maybe he is trying his hand at population control?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Pretty sure this started at the Heart Attack Grill in Tempe, AZ. Same company or a copycat?

I think it's funny. I am going to eat there once sometime.

I was going to go to the one that opened in Dallas,but I heard it went under already
  • akashastrega
    Options
    I dont know if this is the original place or not...but, the original one was actually started by a cardiologist!! His servers dress as sexy nurses, and everything is cooked in lard. If you are "X" pounds you eat for free. It was featured on Food Network last year.