where did my motivation go?

I need to remember how badly i want this. I do not want to be the chubby girl anymore. I want to be slim for my senior prom and I want to have a body that I can be proud of.

Sadly, I have noticed myself "slipping" for the past two weeks.. I eat what I want, when I want it. I havent gained too much weight (maybe 2 or 3 pounds, give or take) but im scared.

Tomorrow I want to watch myself and gain more will power. I need my motivation back.
and recently i went to my doctor and was praised for my already big weight loss, he actually told me only to lose 20 more pounds... i think this made me happy and feel like i could treat myself whenever. I dont want to reward myself with food anymore....!!!!

Replies

• jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    me too!! i need to get bk in swing of things desperatly! need to up the exercise!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I'm going to guess that you had carbs late at night which sent the bat signal to the insulin fairy. The insulin fairy showed up while you were sleeping. She spiked your insulin, stole your motivation, and put some high GI breadcrumbs in your eyes.

If you ask me, we should find this b*tch and kick her *kitten*.

All joking aside, I wish you luck and hope you get your motivation back!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Every morning, visualize! Visualize yourself where you want to be. It is a very powerful tool. You can get out of this rut, just keep working towards that goal. Soon you will see results again and your motivation will be restored. Feel free to add me and message me if you ever want to vent or need motivation! :D Best of luck!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Write yourself a list of the benefits of losing weight and keep it pinned where you can see it.
    Or hang up your prom dress so that you are reminded often of what you WILL wear and how great you will feel.

PS Can I also suggest you set some goals beyond your prom so that you have the motivation to keep going afterwards?
  • KayeRichards
    KayeRichards Posts: 19 Member
    I'm going to guess that you had carbs late at night which sent the bat signal to the insulin fairy. The insulin fairy showed up while you were sleeping. She spiked your insulin, stole your motivation, and put some high GI breadcrumbs in your eyes.

If you ask me, we should find this b*tch and kick her *kitten*.

All joking aside, I wish you luck and hope you get your motivation back!

Love that! Made me laugh out loud, great way to start the day!!! :tongue:
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    I totally hear you and had the same issue recently. I don't know what it is about Fall but this is where I always slack and put back on weight. I had crazy motivation all winter through summer and then it went downhill. I am doing a challenge with shakeology that my friend's coach started and even though it is only ten days, and I was pretty much drinking it everyday anyways, knowing that I am doing a challenge seems to help motivate. Maybe find a group on here that is trying to lose so much weight by a certain time. Accountability is a big big motivator. You could also tell a friend your goals and keep them updated on your progress. I still want to have slips, but I am doing my best to say no to them and eat better. Good luck!
  • I Just started getting back to my routine, i also fell off but maintained my weight. I find it easier waking up in the a.m doing a 30-40 min circuit. After i feel sooooo good and happy i got out of bed. Just remember on that special day you will be so happy you stuck through it :)
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Buy a new healthy cookbook or a fitness magazine motivates me. Try going to the gym in the mornings, for me at least thats when i feel the most motivated. Take one day at a time, and think of how good you will feel at the end of the day knowing how good you were :) You can do this! dont give up!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    I think it it that time of year. The seasons are changing and no one feels like working too hard. I know for me my motivation is plain snarky. I have to go for my annual physical in November and I want to look good on paper. I also want to have people think I look good and to know that they are thinking that. The evil part of me wants to look at others and think, "Damn compared to them, I am awesome!" However the good girl in me says, "I am being motivated by the healthy aspects of fitness." She is a liar. Find something that keeps you going, a great outfit, a new haircut, or like the evil me, someone to compare to.