NSV at work

Options
sagetracey
sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
For the third time this week we had cake at morning tea time to celebrate an achievement. My work mates have noticed my weight loss and been generally supportive, but for the first time today, the person who was serving the cake out went to offer me a piece but stopped herself and said, "You don't a piece, do you?"

She wasn't being judgemental or anything negative. She had noticed that I had turned cake down twice already this week and was respecting my choices. I could have said I will have a piece today, so it's not like she made a decision for me.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Wow, three times?! AWESOME! :)
  • mth226
    mth226 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great will power!!
  • kendeci
    kendeci Posts: 10
    Options
    Thats fantastic - makes me feel small for not turning down the offer of a takeaway when I had a healthy lasagne in the fridge at work :( Well done you - I will make sure I take a leaf out of your book tomorrow xx
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome will power!! Great job.
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't work in a government job - my wife used to tell me they'd have a cake almost every second day! I personally can't resist the temptation of a food that ticks both the FREE and SUGARY boxes. (Well sometimes I can, but it's hard - Good on ya!).

Luckily in a job where the boss only ever gets a cake for the 2nd in command, and even then it's only every second year if he remembers :)

The person serving the cake actually sounds like an obvervant and considerate person for making it easier. Good on 'em.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You have great will power. I never turn down free food. EVER.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!