What foods keep help you keep under your allowance?

Options
There are so many that don't that I started thinking of what works for me.

1. Oatmeal (Love the stuff with a dab of brown sugar and skim milk)
2. Bran flakes
3. Apples (Little rascals are filling)
4. Lettuce salad (very satisfying and even with a bit of lite dressing it's not bad on the calories)

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    onions :]
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, almonds, sugar free pudding
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    SPAGHETTI SQUASH AND GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Pickles...0 calories and very crispy!!!!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    One of my newest snacks/sweet treats is a Kashi granola bar - it ha a ribbon of dark chocolate on it. I'm also a huge fan of small granny smith apples and Baby Bel mini cheese.
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    oatmeal definitely
    and almond milk/banana smoothies
  • Robinkinchen
    Robinkinchen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, 100 calorie packs or just a reasonable amount air popped. It's filling and a whole grain! Steamed green beans, low in calories we eat them almost like french fries, lol. Multigrain Cheerios, 1 cup with 1/2 cup of skim is just 150 cals, reasonable even for a snack.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I like light ice cream (Edy's makes some great flavors - 130 calories for 1/2 cup). I usually have celery or red/yellow/orange peppers with my lunch (I am not a raw carrot person). I do like Almond Breeze instead of milk. That's about all I can think of. :grumble:

Lately, I have been choosing some higher calorie foods, in an effort to feel more satisfied, and not feel so hungry. For example, I have been taking almonds for a snack at work. I have switched from Yoplait yogurt (100 calories) to Greek yogurt (150 - 180). I have replaced my 90 calorie Special K bars with 140-150 bars (a variety of brands).

I am not sure if it is working or not - I have been maintaining but not really losing (I am fairly close to my goal). So I am going to see how it goes a little longer. But I'll be interested in other posts to this thread. :bigsmile:
  • missaugustusgloop
    Options
    SRIRACHA. It makes everything hot/delicious and the added spiciness helps fill me up.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Pickles...0 calories and very crispy!!!!

But oh the sodium!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    whole grain crackers with laughing cow cheese

dry roasted edamame

oatmeal
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    peppers. chopped in my omelet, sauteed with a little oil and garlic as a side.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles. The original ones, not the tofu added kind.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    1. Back to Nature - Nantucket Blend - All Natural - Almond Pistachio Cherry Raisin and Cranberry Mix. 3 tbs is really satisfying and healthy!
    2. Clif Bars are all natural, tasty and keep you full for a loooooong time :)

I totally agree with you on the apples. Those little things really do keep ya full! Use a tablespoon of peanut butter for dipping to add more protein and staying power.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    peppers. chopped in my omelet, sauteed with a little oil and garlic as a side.

Oh, that sounds GOOD!
  • cjonesmenefee
    cjonesmenefee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Black beans. Corn Tortillas. Smoked Trout. Tuna.
  • lunula76
    Options
    Shirataki noodles and seafood! Eggs and low fat yogurt. Goat cheese - way fewer calories than other kinds of cheese.