I'm calling it an NSV

Options
H_Factor
H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
tonight I went to Party City to try on a couple of costumes. I had already done some advance scouting on-line and knew I wanted to check out the Fred Flintstone and the Pimp costumes. The Flintstone costume came in one standard size so I wasn't sure whether it would fit comfortably. The Pimp costume came in M, L and XL. When I said I wanted to try on the Pimp costume, the employee asked me if I wanted to try on the medium. I was taken aback. me...a medium? I asked her whether the sizes listed were chest sizes or pant sizes. She answered chest sizes and I said I better try on the large. Anyway, I didn't really believe I was a medium...but I was flattered that the employee thought that I might be.

I tried on the Flintstone costume first. It fit great so I decided to get it without trying on the Pimp costume. I also got some cocktail glass shaped glasses to go with the costume since I will be the bartender for the party. That's the way I pimp out Fred Flintstone :)

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!

i also went 2 party city & got a costume. i figured they'd run a size small so i got the plus size. too big so i tried on the large (10/12) fits perfectly!!!

i'm goin as dorothy of oz :tongue:
  • seven8seven
    seven8seven Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Go Fred! Go Fred! Go Fred!
  • H_Factor
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!

i also went 2 party city & got a costume. i figured they'd run a size small so i got the plus size. too big so i tried on the large (10/12) fits perfectly!!!

i'm goin as dorothy of oz :tongue:

very nice :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Isn't that an awesome feeling?! That happened to me too! I have never been able to wear even the largest plus sized costumes because I was always so big, and this year when I tried on the only plus size my costume came in, which was a 16-20, it was way too big. I'm going to take it back and try on a smaller one! Just hope the smaller one fits! Just couldn't believe it!! What a great feeling!!
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOO
  • H_Factor
    Options
    YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOO

hehe. YABBA DABBA DOOOOOO INDEED :)
  • lov3vh
    lov3vh Posts: 70
    Options
    awesome!!
  • sckrlov
    sckrlov Posts: 74
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    COOL! :D
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    nice!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Way way awesome. . That must of felt incredible~
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!