P90x without the right equipment?

Options
I want to start P90x again but I remember last time trying to do the chin ups with rubber bands. I also remember fighting with the small space I have to work in. I really liked the way I felt after the exercises though. Any suggestions on how to get around the lack of equipment?

Replies

• jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I continue to use bands for the pull-ups - you can work just as hard with the bands. I do the workouts in a small space as well and haven't had a problem with the workouts.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Ganbatte - do your best.
  • joshandstacy
    joshandstacy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I started today but am really going to save and buy the equipment as soon as I can. I started the routine this morning but don't have the weights or rubber bands.I think I'll keep going through the motions without the weights until I can pick up the weights and stuff.
  • Ukgold66
    Options
    My wife does P90X everyday. When she started she used tin cans of beans lol. Then I found some bands on that E buying site for around 12£. I know doing it is a small room can be hard but keep up the great work I'm sure you will figure it out so you can get the full benefits from the program. P90X ROCKS
  • joshandstacy
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't think its AS beneficial wrapping the bands around my couch legs for pull UPs, or having no weights. But, something is better than nothing.

I got some small hand weights, but like they say on the videos, if you don't have the weight you might need, do more reps.

For pull ups, if you have the band and a door nearby: tie a big sock around the center of the band and throw it over the back of the door and shut the door. This is what I do so you can pull down towards your body!

I just wish I had enough floor space to do the lunges - haha
  • joshandstacy
    Options
    ooh its genius! :D
    haha, we have to move furniture around.
    trying to make the dog stay on the couch is the hard part for me. !! :)
    My dogs are constantly getting under my feet! They'll learn eventually after they get kicked or stepped on enough times. (not that I intentionally do that though :P )