How am I doing?

Options
I am wanting those who know what they are doing when it comes to losing weight to look at my diary and let me know how I am doing. And any suggestions. Diary should be viewable its set to public.

I have been signed up about a week. I want to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

Let me know if there are any questions. Thank you.

Replies

• SeaShell33
    Options
    it looks pretty good! it looks like you are eating way to few calories on most days though...that will only hurt your results, I would track your sodium too though...it can be a killer :smile:
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I looked at the past 2 days, pretty balanced mix it seemed. Keep it up!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I recommend scaling back your carbs and increasing your other macros...particularly your lean proteins. and if you are accurately keeping track of your water, I recommend jumping that up to 8-10 glasses a day.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Overall, a good mixture. The one thing I noticed looking at the entire week is that you might want to watch your sugar intake. I would disregard sugars that are in fruits, but the sugars in your creamers and some of the other items are high. You especially have to watch the low fat yogurts - even though they are low fat, they are usually higher in sugar.

Like another poster said - you may want to track your sodium. Also, are you drinking enough water?
  • MaterMama
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

Sugars. I have cut out the coffee creamer and coffee. Well, not completely but trying for only occassionally not everyday. Hoping this will help a little with the too much sugar. But I have noticed that even 1 serving of mixed vegetables brings me over the alloted sugar amount and fruit does too.

Can I eat more fruit? I am worried about having too much sugar. I have a huge sweet tooth (a big reason for my weight) so I am not sure what to do. Also, someone said to lower carbs so not sure how fruit fits in.

Protein. I will try to increase my protein intake. Today I had an omelet (2 eggs 2 eggwhites) with 1/3 cup black beans rinsed & drained, 1/3 cup cut up turkey kielbasa, and 1/3 cup shredded cheese. The beans & meat were from leftovers. The calories content was a bit high though. Not sure if I should be concerned or not.

Sodium. I have gone back to tracking sodium. I looked back and I am always under. The highest has been just under 2,000 and I am alloted 2,500.

Water I keep forgetting to track. All I have been drinking is water. Should I be drinking anything else like milk. I am not a soda drinker except for on a rare occassion (once every few months) and I am not a big juice drinker either and would rather eat fruit.

Which ones should I be tracking?

Any more tips or good things to eat?