My first big NSV :)

Options
There's been a few NSV's along the way, but today definately hit the jackpot.

4 1/2 years ago, I was 185lbs and in a size 14, then got married, and got pregnant. After my daughter was born, I was in a size 16. I went up to 256lbs and a snug size 18, eek. In any case, tonight after the gym I went to American Eagle to see if I could find a cheap pair of jeans but I had no idea what size I would be. I live in workout pants right now. So the girl asked me if I needed help and I told her what I liked, she asked what size, and I said a 14 (thinking I would love to be a 14 but maybe I looked stupid asking for a 14) ... So she grabbed a few 14's in different styles and we headed to the change room.

I get in, and undress, unbutton the first pair of 14's, slip both feet in and notice they're fitting too loose but it must just be my imagination. I do up the button and can fit both my hands in..... Whaaat? Yep! So Alisson (my keen American Eagle helper) asked how things are going, and trying not to have an all party in the change room say to her "It turns out I'm not a 14, can I have some 12's please?" .... I'VE NEVER EVER had to ask for smaller sizes.... omgggg... TWELVE, SIZE TWELVE! I've never been a size 12 in my adult life, even pre baby.... It's amazing.

My body is just completely different now, and it's thanks to the gym and I'm sure my good eating habits I now possess.

In any case, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

So I bought 2 new lovely pairs of size 12 jeans, and a new shirt... so nice!
Hopefully in a while I'll be able to say these are too big too! :)

I had to share!

Replies

• blondie1238
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome :happy:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I still am not comfortable going into american eagle!! But I am so glad you found smaller pants!! :) I hope I can buy some soon!
  • dinnae
    dinnae Posts: 28
    Options
    YAY!!!! congratulations, that must feel SOOOOOO AWESOME! :):):)

btw, I'm fairly new on mfp boards... and i feel like a goose, but what's NSV? LOL
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Good for u!!!
  • kassandra81
    Options
    YAY!!!! congratulations, that must feel SOOOOOO AWESOME! :):):)

btw, I'm fairly new on mfp boards... and i feel like a goose, but what's NSV? LOL

haha thanks, and no worries - I had no clue what it was when I first came here either!

NSV - Non Scale Victory
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story!!! Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I still find myself gravitating towards the men's big and tall sections if I'm not paying attention and it's pretty sweet to realize I don't have to:)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

But...

Its not thanks to the gym, its thanks to you. You've changed your life not anything or anyone else. Its your commitment to change and your consistency in working towards your goals that makes you the size 12 you are now!
    Well done and keep up the great work!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    fantastic! keep up the good work.
  • elvisneedsboats
    elvisneedsboats Posts: 15 Member
    Options

"Non-Scale Victory" :)
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    oh that's awesome! I am waiting for my old jeans to fit again!
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Congratulations that is so awesome, I am excited for you :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Now that is fantastic. .. I am so happy for you. . . Great work~:smile:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!!
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! You sure could have had a party right there in that dressing room! You should be so proud of all your hard work & determination!!!! Great Job!!!
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    that is great and so motivational ! where are the pics? i would like to see this transformation:wink:
  • MizzMotivation
    MizzMotivation Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You must feel great! Congrats cant wait until I can asl for 12s~!
  • kassandra81
    Options
    that is great and so motivational ! where are the pics? i would like to see this transformation:wink:

I posted a thread a few days ago with some pics, but I have NO idea how to find it again, lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!