need help

Options
I am having a very hard time finding things that will bring up my Calories. SO I am finding it hard to get to 1200. I have done it the last 3 days but it is hard. any ideas.

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!

Some ideas for you are nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, full fat versions of things like milk, yogurt, cheese etc.

Happy counting!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Fruits ....veggies.....fruit juice....protein shakes.....Justin's Nut Butter it comes highly recommended

I don't quite understand your question....are you just having problems eating that much?
  • LittlePam
    Options
    I'm a little confused too. I can find a LOT to bring my calories up. Maybe a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup? Just kidding about that of course but you can add a lot of stuff thats healthy and good. I have the problem of staying below 1200.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I second the nuts, fruits and full fat milk products. With milk products, I recommend using grass fed organic though.
    Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are yummy.

See the article on grass fed cows to find out why.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/28/us-milk-grass-fed-cows-idUSTRE64R5GY20100528
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I second the nuts, fruits and full fat milk products. With milk products, I recommend using grass fed organic though.
    Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are yummy.

See the article on grass fed cows to find out why.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/28/us-milk-grass-fed-cows-idUSTRE64R5GY20100528

Oh, good point about the Grass Fed cows - I live in New Zealand and all our milk is from Grass fed so I forget to add that :)
  • aliciar3
    Options
    I was having the same problem so I've started adding things to the meals I'm already having.

For example instead of just having oats for breakfast (198cals), I have oats and add some banana, strawberry, blueberries and goji berries to it (371cals).

I also put avocado and cheese on my sandwich which adds another 100cals.

Nuts are also a great way to get some extra calories, I usually add flaked almonds or something to my salads.

Hope some of these ideas help! :)
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try to make sure you are getting in all the healthy nutritional needs. You really need to have a good nutritional combination. When you print your report at the end of the day how is it looking? Are you short in any of the areas?
    healthy oils
    dairy
    fruits
    veggies
    protien
    whole grains
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein, lean meats, chicken, pork chops, carne asada, I also like some nuts or nutbutter on fruit.
  • veryblessedmomof2
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I am really watching what I am eating, but having problems getting the calorlies to meet 1200. I meet in eveyrthing else. I will try some of your ideas. I am knew at this watching calories so I am needing help. Thanks