For Mama's with Stretch Marks

Options
There was a post on here a few days ago about stretch marks and how much we all hate them. I came across this on Pinterest and it brought a tear (or two) to my eye so I thought I just had to share with the other mothers out there who are permanently scarred with stretch marks...

353122432_LBqgAlk1_c.jpg

"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes, and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it's ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it." ~ Cassie Fox

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    So sweet!
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    OO wow she go tthem bad. My hubby kisses mine and tells me he loves them as much as he loves the rest of me. thx for sharing. too bad i cant be that skinny. id take the marks if i was just skinny.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ohh i love this this is exactly how my stomach looks with stretchmarks..I call them babys first art work
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    My stretch marks look like a big toothy grin across my lower abdomen. I kind of like it. Even if I'm not smiling, my belly is.
  • mskristac
    mskristac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i love this. made me tear up as well. my stomach looks the same (just not as skinny!)
  • aubeelynn
    aubeelynn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I teared up a bit!

I can't say I like my stretch marks, but I don't get too bent out of shape over them. I view them as just another part of being a mommy now, and besides, I don't show my belly off - no one but my hubby sees it!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I used to go into major freak out mode looking at them, but as I've gotten older I've made peace with them.

My ex used to call them my battle scars and always told me they were nothing to be ashamed of. It took a couple of years but that finally sank in :)
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this!!! Makes me think differently about mine:)
  • faithfulrose
    faithfulrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So sweet! My tummy looks like a road map, but it is worth it! :)
  • ladybugfrenzy
    ladybugfrenzy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Made me cry! I'lll never look at them the same...thank you...she was mine for nine months until I had to share her! This is like a footprint in the sand!
  • becksfoster
    Options
    oh wow that was so lovely! as much as i do hate mine they do represent something very special :)
  • xoxMandyxox
    xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That actually did bring a tear to my eye, and I don't hate my stretchmarks as much as I did before lol!