Goal Weight for 5'3"

Options

Replies

• kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    First, dont set a weight loss goal that you wont be able to mainntain, especially if hou have never been that small. I am 5'3 and my goal is 115, but thats a weight I easily maintain. I am 130 right now, but I just had a baby 4 months ago. I also have a very petite frame. Depending on your build I would say 115-135. But the thought of just picking a jean size and not a scale weight is good too.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 130-135.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently at 144 where I am around a size 14 (UK). My goal is tentatively set at around 125 which I hope should take me to a 12 (which is a US 10 or 8 depending on who you ask!)

It would be good to get some more friends of a similar height/weight/goal if anyone wants to add me! :smile:
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal is to get to 135- that will be 100 pounds lost WHEN I reach that goal! I know its a long road ahead of me but determined to MAKE IT HAPPEN! I will start to re-evaluate "how much" I need to loose around 150. But still think I will want to get to that 135 mark. Don't care what size I will be in at that time, I will only care about HOW I LOOK IN THAT SIZE AND HOW I FEEL!

Good luck to everyone!
  • GetMySkiniBack
    Options
    OK, not sure if you're still reading responses to this, but I felt I needed to respond (don't we all :)). I am 5'3" as well. For most of my life I have been thin/athletic. I have broad shoulders, a narrow waist (wait, had a narrow waist before the children), always had a butt (some people just don't) and was blessed with boobs. My normal, average weight was always around 115. After three pregnancies, I slowly crept up to 128-130. This meant that I ate whatever I wanted, and NEVER exercised. At this weight, I have never felt comfortable. And being 128-130 is what prompted me to join this site and get healthier, exercise more and get in shape. My BMI has always been normal, as well.

I'm not saying this to make you feel badly. I'm making the point that everything is relative. If you've always weighed more, then your lowest weight is always going to feel best. I say reach for the stars! Make your goal 130 or 120. It's still healthy. Or, make your goal 140. That's still healthy, too. It's all a personal preference. Good luck in whatever you decide. :)
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal weight is 125.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think asking your doctor would be a good place to start. Mine told me to aim for the low 140s (I'm 5'4") because my frame wasn't built to be skinnier than that. My weight is pretty evenly distributed but I'd also like to be a "solid 8." :) Good luck!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Every BODY is different. There are general guidelines, but you should have a discussion with your doctor to determine YOUR ideal weight. Factors such as age, bone structure, if you have ever given birth, current health issues, etc. make a difference. The "average" weight range for a 5'3" tall woman is 113-141 pounds. What weight do you think that you could comfortably maintain? Congratulations on reaching your 140 pound goal. You look very, very nice!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and have a "large" body frame (a nutritionist once told me this, and I almost punched her in the face). I am currently around 135, but would really prefer 130. A doctor once told me that she wouldn't want to see me under 130. I maintained 125 for about 5 years, but I was only eating between 500-700 calories a day. The only time I weighed less than 120 was when I was eyeball deep in Bulimia.
    I have an athletic build (really broad shoulders, narrow hips) and big boobs (34D), so weight can be sort of deceiving on me. I look a lot smaller than I am, so says my Fiance.
  • samantha_runs
    Options
    I am 5'3'' and 138lbs my goal is 120 or wherever my body can comfortably maintain. I believe like others said it is all about frame size. I lose really slowly once I hit 135lbs so I know I am nearing my set weight
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i FINALLY found a thread with people my height! yay!!

i'm also 5'3. currently at 160 and i think i look terrible @ this weight. i am trying to come down to 130 if possible. the smallest i've been was 135 two years ago and while i certainly looked smaller i still found it looked like i could have lost a lot more. but then i have huge boobs so it's about balance also.
  • marysiebert21
    Options
    im 5'3" and i weigh 143 my goal is 125 and i ware 8 in jeans
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" my goal weight is 115 LBS.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my original goal was 120-125. I'm down to 140 and I'm wearing a loose 10 and also a comfy pair of 8's. I don't care much anymore about what I weigh now, it's more about looks and what fits well. I have a lot more muscle than when I was down to 98lbs and I look better at 140. If I keep losing fat and weigh the same, I'm ok with that.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my current goal is 120-125. I've never been below 155 as an adult so I have no idea what my body will look like. I guess I"ll reevaluate when I get to 125. In 8th grade I was 140 and I remember still have fairly large thighs, so I'm pretty sure I"ll have to go below that.
  • jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my current goal is 115lbs. I have very thick thighs because of figure skating. I'm now around 135, and I'm a size 2-4 on top, and a 4-6 at the bottom. I'd like to get to size 2 on top and size 4 below. It's so hard to find dresses that fit because if it fits on top, the bum area will be too tight. If it fits snugly at the bum area, I have have tons of saggy cloth at the waist area. :(
  • 141by2016
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started out at 226 about a year ago. My goal weight is 140ish, because I am built for it. I am 166lbs now and in a size 10 now, but would like to be around 8/6. It's all dependent on what your body type is like and where you started at. Good luck.
  • EllaPaigeNora
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and am 112. I lost about 30-35 pounds since last April and this is the smallest I've ever been. I think everyone's weight goal should vary personally though. I have a wide rib cage, small waist, and currently no butt whatsoever. My spine and ribs are very prominent but I still have muscular and toned calves and thighs. Ideally I'd like to maintain between 110-115.
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal weight is 125-130 anywhere between there will make me happy. Currently I wear a size 8-10 depending on the clothing maker. I would like to get down to at least 6 on the bottom since I have a feeling I wont be able to lose enough size in my thighs to be a 4, but here's hoping!
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5". My current goal is 130 - and hopefully about a size 6. I did lose a significant amount of weight a number of years ago in the midst of a divorce. At that time, I weighed 117 and wore a size 4. I FELT good at that weight, but when I look back at pictures, it was not a pleasant sight! (Never thought it was possible to be too thin, but that most certainly was!)