2»

Replies

• pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for all the great ideas!
  • cisssiesue
    Options
    I'm new here and love pumpkin. I can't wait to try these recipes. I do have a question though. What does "bump" mean?
  • errbear315
    Options
    "bump" gives the thread priority and puts it at the top of the list when people are searching for forums (since "bump" is the latest post).
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Found this recipe today on http://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/
    I substituted the butter for 1 large banana, mashed. I also used oat flour in place of the whole wheat flour and subed organic agave for the sugar. I also used fresh cranberries. These turned out great, I made 22 large cookies at 70 calories

Makes about 3 dozen cookies
    Pumpkin and cranberries make a delicious fall pairing in this chunky oatmeal cookie.

Ingredients
    2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
    1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons), softened
    2/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin purée
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups dried cranberries

Method
    Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined, and then fold in cranberries.

Drop cookies by heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets and gently press with fingers to flatten into discs (note that cookies will not spread while baking). Bake about 24 minutes or until lightly browned. If baking two sheets at a time, rotate sheets half way through baking. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container.

Nutrition
    Per serving (1 cookie): 100 calories (35 from fat), 4g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 14g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 2g protein
  • isabellammm
    isabellammm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump!