Pumpkin Cookies WEEEEEE!

Options
I found a recipe on EatingWell.com for Pumpkin Cookies and they are delicious! I used all AP flour instead of the AP and wheat flour combo and I also omitted the raisins. They only came out to 67 calories per cookie (if portioned exactly like the recipe, it would only be 58 calories per cookie)! They look and taste just like muffin tops, not to mention they're great with skim milk.

Here's the recipe as I made it:

Pumpkin Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen

Ingredients

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground clove
2 large eggs
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup dark molasses

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3 baking sheets with cooking spray.
Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and clove in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, oil and molasses in a second bowl until well combined. Stir the wet ingredients and raisins into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.

Drop the batter by level tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.

Bake the cookies until firm to the touch and lightly golden on top, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Nutrition Per Cookie -
Calories: 58, Carbs: 10g, Fat: 2g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 40g

And here's the recipe with the whole wheat flour and raisins included (original recipe):
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/spiced_pumpkin_cookies.html

Let me know what you guys think if you make them :)

Replies

• KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    These look DELISH.....I'm crazy for anything pumpkin!!!! Thank YOU!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    OMG!!! I MADE THESE TONIGHT - NO JOKE!!!

Sooo funny... I had one and they were alright :) Subbed the Canola Oil for Extra Virgin Olive Oil though.

I am wondering what to do with the rest of the pumpkin puree as the recipe didn't call for the entire can.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to trying these! Thanks!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Oh my god these look delicious .. too bad I live in college rez and don't have an oven ;(
  • amberrrogers
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump! Saving this for later! Ive been dealin with a wicked sweet tooth and this will take care of that!
  • calamitydown
    Options
    @maryloo2011 That's so weird, but so awesome! Do you like pancakes? I just made AWESOME low-fat pumpkin pancakes and they are to die for, not to mention they'll use up that pumpkin before it goes bad! You could also make some spiced pumpkin oatmeal (my favorite breakfast item right now). I can get you both recipes if you want!
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! bump!
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    @maryloo2011 That's so weird, but so awesome! Do you like pancakes? I just made AWESOME low-fat pumpkin pancakes and they are to die for, not to mention they'll use up that pumpkin before it goes bad! You could also make some spiced pumpkin oatmeal (my favorite breakfast item right now). I can get you both recipes if you want!

Yes, please send the recipe(s)! Great ideas :D
  • erjkilkenny
    erjkilkenny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump