How much more do I need to drop

Options
i posted this last night under a different category. I didn't get much of a response.

6ft1, 35in waist, 38yrs old. Dropped about 50lbs this year. I'm now at 195-197lbs. I usually eat 1500-2000calories a day. I lift 3 times a week.

How much more should I drop and what do you think my body fat is at ?
Www.flickr.com/photos/madriver

Thank you

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you seem like you've done so much!! good for you! some ppl might say you don't need to drop more, others will tell you to drop until you are comfortable. i'm posting charts.

height-weight-chart.gif
    ht_wt_chart700.gif
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Wow - Congratulations - you look awesome!!
    I suppose in the end of the day only you will really know if you are happy with where you are at - I think you look pretty perfect right now :-) And not a great judge of bodyfat - but do think you are most probably under 15%
  • lala26105
    Options
    Wow - Congratulations - you look awesome!!
    I suppose in the end of the day only you will really know if you are happy with where you are at - I think you look pretty perfect right now :-) And not a great judge of bodyfat - but do think you are most probably under 15%
    omg congrats hope i get to even as far as where you are 188 ugh struggling so much
  • BamaGurl47
    Options
    thanks for posting the charts... needed that !
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    you seem like you've done so much!! good for you! some ppl might say you don't need to drop more, others will tell you to drop until you are comfortable. i'm posting charts.

height-weight-chart.gif
    ht_wt_chart700.gif

If I managed to loose as much as it said i should loose i think i'd be in hospital! I think my bones weigh more than 128 lb!

Definitely agree that it's drop until you feel comfortable and healthy. You've gone amazing so far!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    The charts are useful.. Thanks. I'm 5ft 3 and half so do I just plump for somewhere in the middle of weights for %ft 3 and would ft to get?

I usually go for 5ft 4 as I'm not exactly slim build! .. but not sure if I'd be classed as medium or large frame.

I tried the wrist measurement thing and got medium according to this site and Large according to another!

For now as I'm around 160lbs I'll just aim for 152 for now which will take me to 10st 12, and then try and drop lower from there.

I was told I need to be between 8 and half and 10 and half for my height, was hoping to make it to around 9 - 9 and half eventually (sometime next year) but for now just trying to get down to the top end of healthy for my height!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think you're about right for the body fat percentage (maybe more 16/16.5)...

That being said, 1% of BF really accounts for a lot when you are talking low BF (whereas 30 to 29% makes no diff), so it can become useful to track it. Otherwise, the usual target for people is to aim for the well defined 6 pack (about 12% BF).

I forgot to say, great job!
  • Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all and thanks engine man(sounds like some character out of a movie or comic book..lol) for posting the chart. Based on that, I'm going to aim for 185 to 190. I weighed in at 195.6 this morning. Also, up my calorie intake to 2100.

With the weight loss this year someone said, Now what? You lost the weight, what are you going to do? Have fun I guess or fine tune my body. But focus on never gaining it back.
  • Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all and thanks engine man(sounds like some character out of a movie or comic book..lol) for posting the chart. Based on that, I'm going to aim for 185 to 190. I weighed in at 195.6 this morning. Also, up my calorie intake to 2100.

With the weight loss this year someone said, Now what? You lost the weight, what are you going to do? Have fun I guess or fine tune my body. But focus on never gaining it back.