weight loss fears

Options
im having these crazy thoughts.... i really want to lose more weight .. my heaviest was 287.... but im also afraid to lose weight... have anybody ever had thoughts like these.????? and if yes how did u overcome them???? thanks a million:happy:

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has them. i know i do!

What specifically are you afraid of?
  • friendtotortoise
    friendtotortoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Figure out what it is you're afraid of and then come up with at least 3 other ways of responding to that need/fear/whatever it is. Wish you the best.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has them. i know i do!

What specifically are you afraid of?
    [/quo

i think its the fact that now im losing weight some of my friends and family is acting kind of funny to me... i guess.... and the fact that i will have to start all over with clothes... crazy huh
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement .... i really appreciate it ....i will make my list and get down to the bottom of my fears... or at least try...
  • SexiB
    SexiB Posts: 46
    Options
    if they wanna act funny then let them...you are not doing this for anyone else but yourself.. and screw those big a** clothes :laugh: When you make it to the weight you want those clothes will only be inspiration to NEVER go back! My advice focus on why you wanted to loose weight in the first place and that will trump any fears any day! :wink:
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    They say a lot of people hide their fears behind their weight, and I think it's probably true. As long as we're fat, we can always blame that for the way people treat us. We never have to wonder how we're treating THEM, if you know what I mean. Being fat has it's own rewards - mainly - using it as an excuse for letting the world ignore us or treat us badly. Instead of maybe doing some self improvement projects and presenting a friendlier us. Ignoring the world less ourselves.

I do feel afraid of attention, even tho I've always had plenty most of my life. The obscurity (invisibility) of being really fat tho (for me anything over 200 lbs because I'm not very tall) feels like a very safe, albeit lonely at times) place to be. Facing these fears is just something we need to do. It helps that we're gradually losing the weight and not suddenly having a huge change in how the world treats us. That would be a mess, eh?

Although now that winter is coming, the clothes layers go on and on... not to come back off until Spring, when the fruit of our labor so to speak will become revealed in our new spring wardrobe. That's going to be quite a coming out party for many of us who started this year and intend to get to the finish line sometime next Spring or Summer.

Hopefully everyone will be so nice to our new NOT invisible selves, that we'll feel happy and confident and just take up where life left us last time we were visible and generally just ease back into living and not just sitting on the sidelines. We will also no doubt be nicer to ourselves and those around us just because we'll have that confidence and contentment. Try not to be too afraid - other than how annoying it is that people will be so much nicer to us - it really probably won't be that bad.

As for people in our life treating us differently? Of course they are acting funny... they're going to lose their "fat friend" who they can treat the way they do and feel and think about the way they do. That is a loss to them and can even be threatening. Let THEM deal with their own stuff - you just enjoy your success dealing with YOURS.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    and let me assure you, it is truly inspiring when you discover that..... OMG THESE CLOTHES that used to fit me are now WAY LOOSE and those clothes that I haven't been able to wear in ages.....NOW FIT ME and guess what else...if you have quite a few of those old clothes waiting at the back of the wardrobe for you to fit into again...YOU COULD SUDDENLY have a Brand New Wardrobe right there already!!

That feeling is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

I remember thinking at times.. (the old me)......."Oh, it's okay, I don't really need to loose that weight anyway because the cost of replacing all my clothes would be ridiculous".

It's : Lame. Seriously! - and you will LOVE revealing your new shape!

But you need to be focused on your 'reason' .... your 'why' you want to do it. And keep that focus visible in any form you can. Good luck.