I hate seeing myself in photos

I am never satisfied with seeing myself in photos. I look fat, because i am fat. I am like 80 lbs. overweight, and my son put up some pictures on facebook, one picture has me in it, i hate that picture. I think that will be my motivation to try and eat right and exercise and lose this weight. I am getting too old to be this heavy. I weigh 224 lbs. and i want to weigh 140. I hate the way i look in pictures. My husband and i need to go have some professional pictures done of us, it's been awhile since we had any made, but i want to lose some weight first.

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    My kids putting pics of me on facebook is why I joined this site....lol
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    put the picture that makes you crazy in the kitchen somewhere, that way if you go to grab a treat or snack it will make you think twice and ask yourself if you really need that snack.
  • Funny! I also agree. I live in a beautiful tropical location and what good is that if you're too fat to wear a bathing suit? I'm going at it slowly and for the long haul though...trying to make some lifestyle changes, not just speed dieting AGAIN.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    my weight is one of the reason why i cancelleed my facebook. I got tired of seeing these photos of me being overweight. But im glad that i did see them because now i know what i have to do to lose this weight.
  • Me too. My godson's sister tagged me in a facebook photo and that was it for me. That was 6 months and 18 kilos ago and it still spurs me on.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    I carried my fat picture around with me everywhere for 2 years. Now its on my computer screensaver, my digital photo frame and stuck to my dressing room mirror. If ever I get down about things not moving as fast as I want them to, I look at that and say "I am never going back there!"
  • I hear ya! Take the double-timeframe approach. With your goals, think "this time next year". If you stay on track, this time next year, you and your family could get professional photos with pride. Even if you haven't lost 100 lbs by then, if you've lost 50... believe me, you'll be STOKED about having those pix taken.

I've lost 23 lbs so far and I feel like a new woman. People have noticed, and I look way different in pix already.

All that said, you must focus on your daily habits. Be sure to log your food accurately, and you'll change your habits. The numbers will speak for themselves.

Best of luck on your journey! :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I agree...seeing pics of me was/is part of my motivation. You CAN do it!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 953 Member
    Seeing pictures of myself was my turn aroung point also. We go to an outdoor concert every summer. I absolutely love the band, anyway this year my husband took a picture of me with each band member. I was so excited until I saw the pictures on the computer screen.:sad:

I am determined to look better. I will get the pictures taken again this summer and won't be dissapointed.:bigsmile: