Best tasting Greek Yogurt?

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
I'm just curious as to which brand of plain fat free Greek yogurt is your favorite? And why you don't like the others?

I have been eating Oikos for the longest time, but last night I had some that was just overly tart, and it wasn't from the strawberries I mixed into it. Has anyone else gotten that pucker feeling from Oikos, or perhaps I had a bad batch? <<<not that I am feeling sick from it or anything>>>

And please don't recommend any flavored ones. I am only interested in plain fat free ones so I can mix in my own fresh fruit. Thanks!

Replies

• sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Chobani! I think all plain greek yogurt has a little bit of tang to it, I think it's just a plain yogurt thing. I use plain yogurt (various brands) in place of sour cream when I prepare meals. But give chobani a shot, I love the texture best too
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I go with Dannon because it has the lowest calories and fat content that I've been able to find.
    I HATE natural yoghurt though, so usually I mix in a quarter of a teaspoon of mint herb paste and that makes it amazing and only adds about 5 calories max :)
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like Oikos best. It's a little lower in calories than Chobani.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fage Total 0% is sooo yummy, really thick and creamy. Also have you tried quark - not technically yoghurt, but a very similar texture to Greek yoghurt and also really high in protein. :)
  • Tinkerbella831
    Options
    I like Chobani yogurt. I just haven't done plain. Do you mix your own fruit with it? I like the Pineapple and the strawberry-banana flavor
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Chobani! I think all plain greek yogurt has a little bit of tang to it, I think it's just a plain yogurt thing. I use plain yogurt (various brands) in place of sour cream when I prepare meals. But give chobani a shot, I love the texture best too

^ This, Chobani with the fruit on the bottom is the only greek yogurt I can eat without wanting to gag. My favorite is the Chaobani with raspberry
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I don't EVER buy the ones with fruit on the bottom, I always add my own because it has less sugar and additives. I suppose I will try the plain Chobani to see if it's better than what I use now. I've used Fage before, but I've never had this mouth puckering tart feeling until recently with Oikos.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had Chobani, but I get the plain no fat and add fresh fruit and splenda - I really like it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I prefer Fage over Chobani. I find Fage less tart than Chobani, but will eat either brand. I can't stand Oikos or Dannon.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i can't eat that stuff (blech), but I do buy it for cooking and baking. I usually buy Fage and have heard that is by far the best tasting one for eating plain.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I like Zoi Honey Vanilla
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Hmmm...so small container of Fage and small container of Chobani until I figure out what I like best. :bigsmile:
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love Jalna and Tamar Valley yogurts, but I only eat the low/no fat and no added sugar varieties, to keep the protein high and the saturated fat and sugar as low as possible.