Borrowing calories

Options
I was wondering is it ok to borrow calories from your lunch if you know you are going to have a big dinner or is it better to just go over, I normally have over 1000 exercise calories to use so it's not normally a problem but I really need a rest day today and I'm having curry tonight.

Replies

• SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy,

I don't know either, but I'm interested in the answer!
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The answer would be, "yes." If you know you're going to have a big meal, then of course, it's OK to eat less calories at your other meals. (Just don't skip any meals!!!)
  • miam4nia
    miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    as long as you don't go over your limit for the day i don't think it matters how many calories you eat per meal.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I do it! Normally, each day for lunch at school I bring a PB sandwich, apple and yogurt. Some days, if my parents are coming into town, I know I'm having a big dinner, or dessert, I'll cut back calories earlier in the day and save them. :)
  • reefkepr11
    Options
    I have done this and found it works, just remember not to eat too late, it always backfires on me.

Good Luck!
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    have some veggies with chicken or a big salad for lunch and enjoy that curry! i make my curry with low fat geek yogurt to cut down of fat and calories- still super creamy though!
    maybe next time you have curry look up a lower calorie version so you can have your lunch and dinner just the same!
    :) hope this helps!
  • galaxyfun1
    Options
    I borrow calories if I know I am going out for dinner or meeting a friend for lunch. I look at the total daily intake rather than each individual meal and it is working for me. Although if you don't fancy doing that you can always skip the popadoms or rice with your curry. :)
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your body overall calories/weight loss works more weekly-monthly rather than hour by hour. So the answer is it wont matter at all, as long as your not skipping meals.

I do it all the time :)
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    yeah, those calories are for you to use throughout the whole day. Use them any way you want! = )
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    i do it! My over all goal is to stay under/at my cals for the day..meal by meal really doesn't matter..ENJOY!
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    It's fine! There is no set "rule" for how many calories need to be eaten in each meal, so I am sure you'll be fine. Enjoy your rest day AND your dinner!
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, just to let you know I couldn't save enough calories for my curry in the end, oh well there's alway tomorrow.