Craving a very unhealthy lunch..

Options
Ok so I am kinda really hungry today and really really want something that I know is not good for me for lunch....a big cheesy calzone or stromboli. Any suggestions to squash the craving or any place to get one that won't do too much damage??

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Think small! Don't eat the whole thing, take some of it home for another meal, or leave the rest on the plate at the restaurant and walk away. Nothing to say you can't have something you crave... How about having a salad with it, so that you are not famished by the time the gooey cheesie thing is served? :drinker: Enjoy!
  • amaion17
    amaion17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    all things are OK in moderation. i would suggest a smal portion of this "cheesey lunch". dont deprive yourself, you'll end up binging out later.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Fruit for breakfast, a salad for supper and lots of water through the day - knock yourself out. Have it with a glass of wine:) If you're feeling badly about it "buy" it with exercise.
  • snbridenbaugh
    Options
    You can do it! First, just think to yourself how much it WILL put you back for the day. How much you will have to work out. And then think how much farther you will be by default if you eat something healthier. Grab some string cheese or cheese & crackers. Cheese and bread aren't bad. Just that much cheese & bread at once in that form is. So choose the same ingredients in a better, smaller form and it will help.
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would try to find something that has nutrition info so You can log it and get an idea of how much of an extra workout you might need to meet your daily cal goal. That combined with portion control should make it very doable for you.

I've seen some posts where people are making pizzas with bagel thins, pita bread or other alternatives. Those could be considered as well.

Good luck and I realize this is easier said than done. I don't know if I have the mental strength right now to use wise portion control tactics on a big juicy calzone myself!!! LOL

:)

Charles
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't make any food forbidden or you will just want it even more.

What i do is set an exercise target for the week or the month and if i do it, i then have the "forbidden food" as a treat. This way it is not forbidden to eat it but i have to work to get it.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I shouldn't have read this, now *I* am craving a very unhealthy lunch, :laugh:
  • mrsgolfie
    mrsgolfie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So what I did while I was away from home....Have it; but as someone suggested have with a tossed salad and just eat half; and take leftover home and make a 2nd meal with another salad. Also have a glass of wine with it!....hehehehe Won't hurt and will really feel like a big treat; your craving and a glass of wine!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Don't make any food forbidden or you will just want it even more.

Totally agree!! I would see if a friend wants to split one (or better yet, two friends.) As long as your net calories are below goal, you will lose weight.