Rules....

Options
Does anyone have any weight loss 'rules' they follow?
Something like don't eat dessert or something?

I'm trying to make a list of 'Rules' to pin up :)

xx

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    1. Drink 64 ounces of water (I drink flavored water)
    2. Apple a day
    3. Snack on cucumbers, celery, grape tomatoes - very low in calories and helps with crunch cravings
    4. Exercise 3x a week - minimum
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Plan out your day's food in advance
    Keep bad stuff OUT of the house
    Drink a big glass of water before and after every meal.
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    before each meal, drink a hot cup of water. It expands your stomach and tricks you into eating less. Keep logging into this website, because of all things that I have tried, this is the only thing that has helped me stay on track
  • xox_shree_xox
    xox_shree_xox Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When you are craving something, look in the mirror and remind yourself why you shouldn't eat the bad foods and grab a piece of fruit instead.

A personal rule for me, which I believe you will relate to is to remember that "dreams + hardwork = reality" (Jared Leto) :) xxx
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i dont have rules as such as i dont think that will help u , but i do try to drink 8 glasses of water a day eat an apple a day, and try to exercise at lest 5 times a week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat less
    exercise more
  • IWillWinSkinny
    IWillWinSkinny Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't eat in private i.e. in your bedroom. Secretive eating subconsciously gives you permission to eat more.

Eat slowly, preferably with a sip of water between each mouthful.

Give yourself a cut off time. For example, no eating after 6:30pm (later if you go to bed late)

Simple swaps, swap semi skimmed milk for skimmed milk. Pepsi for Pepsi Max. Sugar for sweentener etc

These are just some of my own rules.
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    My rules are to drink as much water as possible (I forget, so I really try get in my 8 glasses).
    Keep motivated by looking at fitspo pictures everyday.
    Plan my food in advance.
    If I have a craving - eat a bit of what I'm craving to stop me from binging when I refrain from eating things I crave - I just had a chocolate.
    And basically just keep within my cal allowance and try with every effort to take the stairs, walk to work and get daily óut of the norm'exerceise in.
  • Alibobba
    Options
    I brush my teeth after dinner. Keeps me from snacking late. Water. Lots of water.
  • Nat_Shermans
    Nat_Shermans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "rules" I tend to follow....
    -Water Water Water
    -Always take the stairs
    -Eat tiny bites
    -Green Superfood every day
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    always pack food when going to school and work
    eat your food in an order so your not too hungry when you get to the less healthy foods (first your veggie, then the fruit, then the meat, then the carb) sometimes im full before i get to the carb and save myself 150 cals or more
    only order food 1-2 times a month
    if your eating at a friends house or a party, have a salad before u go
    breakfast-300 cals
    lunch-300 cals
    dinner-400 cals
    snacks-200 cals
    its easier than you rthink, just make good food decisions

and most of all READ LABELS
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Mine is simply don't eat between meals unless the snack is a piece of fruit.
  • AliasSha
    AliasSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No eating between 6 pm and 6 am! No late night snacking here. Also to drink 9 glasses of water a day.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    good question. some of my *rules*:

1. do something to inspire others every day.
    2. if you are working hard to eat right and exercise, why waste those efforts
    3. remind myself of the things I HATE about being overweight by reviewing the lists I created by doing the activities in my will power blog below
    4. as far as eating, focus on eating foods that are more likely to keep me full...that would be lean proteins, healthy fats and carbs that have a low glycemic index value.
    5. prepare meals in advance so I'm not left scrambling around asking "what's for lunch" when I'm hungry.
    6. accept that I'm not perfect and every day will not be perfect. I will have a bad day from time to time and it is important to eat some of the things we love (preferably in moderation) at times. saying this, I really do try to completely avoid fried foods. however, pizza is very fair game and Yoga Berry with toppings is essential.
    7. do my best to stop eating when I'm full. understand the difference between being hungry and simply wanting more because it tastes good.
    8. currently, I limit processed foods and sugars, but I was losing weight earlier this year when I did not limit these items as much.
    9. be accountable to myself and others. I think it starts with self accountability and some of the things I do there are visiting MFP daily, giving back when I can by answering questions and encouraging my MFP pals, spending some time each week to read the lists I created by preparing my will power pill and considering revisions or additions to those lists, following an exercise schedule that I enjoy.

now adding this to my profile. thank you for the question.