Looking for weight loss buddies

Hi All! I'm new here, well I've been using the app sine May and lost 13lbs...then gained about 4 lbs back. I thought maybe "friending" a few people might help keep me motivated. Not quite sure how this all works though....

About me- I'm almost 30, office worker, looking to lose 16-20 more lbs. I'm a little under 5 ft tall so the tiniest amount of weight (like that 4 lbs) is very apparent.

Replies

• geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    you can add me Nat!!! Alot of moral support going on here on the mfp site!!! And yes the app makes it even better and easier!!! Geri:smile:
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Hi Im Claire,

Ive been using the app for months with no success! So ive started using the website for the same reason as you.
    Im also an office worker and im 5'1 and it drives me insane with how a little weight makes such a difference!

Im wanting to lose a further 8 pounds (and a few more depends on if i can get that off first!)

My problem is i put on weight extremely easy but its so hard for me to lose it! Ive been sticking to 1200 recommended calorie intact for months now, along with biking to and from work 3 times a week (3 times more exercise than i used to do a week) and my weight and measurements have bearly chnaged at all!

Today i have ordered the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD, which im hope will give me the big boost i need just before the festive food and goodies are upon us!

xxxx
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Hi there. My name is Kelly. I have also been using this a while without much success, until I started talking to others and getting support! I have now lost 17lb.

The site is great. I talk to some wonderful people, it's so much easier when you don't go at it alone

Feel free to add me

Kel
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Hi! I'm another shortie, about 5ft at my tallest! I know what you mean about a few pounds showing up very quickly!

Feel free to add me as a friend for some extra support and motivation!

Anita :happy:
  • Hi my name is Sam

im also looking for motiviation i seem to loose 5kgs and then put them back on the next week arghh! i use the app but i think if i log on here i can have a bit more motivation to keep it of and loose a further 20kg! feel free to add me :) looking for all the support i can get
  • HI there,
    I just found this website through the biggest losser website. I have been trying to loss weight for a while now. I am an office worker as well and sitting for some many hours is killing me. I also have three kids so no time to exercise when I get home. Even though I am not unhealthy eater I cannot lose a lot and I am like a yoyo going up and down with my weight. Any advice!!!!!!!!!!:sad:
    Thanks
    Maria
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Hi Nat, my name is Beth...office worker as well so I know what you mean, you can add me as well...we are all in this together!:flowerforyou:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Nat feel free to add me as well, I'm the other end of the spectrum at 6'2"" but many of the challenges are the same. Happy to help give support and encouragement to any one else who reads this Good Luck and Hard work to all! (You get more of the first with more of the second.) Hoooah!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Hey! I know exactly what you and a bunch of other people are talking about. I was using the app by it self for almost a year and I would see some progress but I had trouble keeping it off. It wasn't until I started making friends on MFP and posting that I been able to stay motivated. I have logged in for 45 days in a row and I have successfully been able to keep 26lbs off. I have only lost a fraction of my total goal but I am happy with the progress and my friends are helping me on my journey.