Where do you see yourself in five years?

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
Married to my significant other, still stuck here in Georgia----where he may or may not me(LMAO).

Doing my bosses job from home, as I am on maternity leave with my third and final child.

Working my *kitten* off between carting kids around, working out, and climbing the corporate latter.

yes sireee... I DO want it all.

Replies

• kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Nice house, job I enjoy, with my first sprog on it's way. Just got to convince the OH that's what he wants too!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I seriously have no idea....

My wish list-

I would love to be re- married and the mother to a by then 6ish month old baby.

I would have sold my house in this lovely sub-division and moved to the trees where my closest neighbor is a few acres away.

I will be a paramedic.

I will be diving around an 11 year old, 8 year old and new born to sports and activities in a brand new Honda Odyssey.

I will be happy. And fit.
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Done with my BSN hopefully working in pediatric oncology (have to settle being a nurse and not a PA), HAPPILY DIVORCED, maybe in a relationship -- unsure if I even want that, and being a single mom to three tween boys. And that whole running thing...hoping to have 5 100 mile ultras done by then. Yep, lots of good stuff for both of us.
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well,

Still married to my wife (of course). Living in Des Moines, Iowa (moving in fall 2012). Probably helping the wife take care of the 2 kids (1st coming Nov 2011),. Getting ready to try creating #3. Working for a good company in the financial industry. Enjoying being near my sister in law and her husband. Going to a great church weekly, enjoying my new friends and my family. Life is gonna be GREAT!
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    Skinny! And happy.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Done with my BSN hopefully working in pediatric oncology (have to settle being a nurse and not a PA), maybe in a relationship -- unsure if I even want that, and being a single mom to three tween boys. And that whole running thing...hoping to have 5 100 mile ultras done by then. Yep, lots of good stuff for both of us.

My significant other will have introduced you to somebody by that point in time. lol
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Done with my BSN hopefully working in pediatric oncology (have to settle being a nurse and not a PA), maybe in a relationship -- unsure if I even want that, and being a single mom to three tween boys. And that whole running thing...hoping to have 5 100 mile ultras done by then. Yep, lots of good stuff for both of us.

My significant other will have introduced you to somebody by that point in time. lol

lol. I'll keep that in mind...once I get past my man hating stage. :D
  • Mski02
    Mski02 Posts: 28
    Options
    I would love to be happy and healthy. In 5 years time, i'll be 31 years old and by then I would like to be married and have at least 1 child. I would like to have paid off my debts (mortgage excluded) and be a good wife, mother and friend
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Sitting on this 500 acre farm with my hubby, who is a 4th generation dairy farmer and our 2 girls. <
    because of this....I know for a FACT I'm not going anywhere or doing anything I'm not doing now....lol.....(except 2 more years then we will be mortgage free...WHOOP!!! LOL)
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Off all but my thyroid medication, helping my eldest through the worst of the teen years, more in love with my husband than ever (though it's difficult to imagine my loving him more than I do now), going on trips with my BFF and taking the train home to visit my sisters every few month. Enjoying my youngest's independence.
  • NinjaTurtleDude
    Options
    I see my self out of sewers and finally defeating shredder and krang once in for all! Seriously though I would like to be a police officer with a nice home for my family, in great health, and be financely stable
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Unless my investments tank or the economy takes a brutal turn, I hope to be retired or preparing for it and moving to Vegas. Enroled at the Culinary Institute there.
  • BigFrost
    Options
    Healthy, lol. Finally.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Healthy, skinny, sexy black belt, married 16 years, a 13 and 11 year old both junior black belts. And more than just assistant instructor at the dojo. ;)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    In five years, I hope to have made a Boston Qualifying run and have run Boston marathon already. Maybe twice. hehe I hope to have gotten my black belt and working towards my second degree. I hope that Im teaching kids TaeKwon Do. I also hope that Im either employed with a job from my first degree (pharmacy) or have started on my second degree, possibly nursing or occupational therapy. (My kids will be 17, 16, 14, 12 and 8yo. That's more difficult to imagine.)
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well, in five years I will have an almost 5 year old which means I will probably have a 2 year old and trying for number 3. :)

DH and I will be playing music almost full time as a means to pay the bills. Holding down only a part time job for an income that is secured.

Looking into starting my microfarm.. or on 5 acres with about 20 chickens, 4 sheep, and a HUGE organic garden. Using solar energy to run my home and to run my hot water heater. I will be fit, happy, sexy, and healthy. We will also be living in either an old house that DH and I fixed up ourselves... or one we built while living in a Yurt for a year ;)

I would also like to become a doula to make some additional side income.

My oldest will also be learning how to read/write and I will be the head of my local homeschool group! :D

oh.. and married 8 years!!! 0_0 and 26 years old!!!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..

- Still working out plenty and in much better shape than I am already
    - Moving up in my current job
    - Hopefully not still single
    - Maybe thinking about moving to a new area
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I'd love to be finished with school and would like to move up some here at work (either a bump in pay or transferring to another position)

I want to be maintaining my current fitness, and not starting all over again *again* (I was much healthier 5 years ago than I am now :frown: )

I'll be honest, I really just hope I am happier, all around. I hope that my husband and I can improve our relationship, I hope I can find more peace with myself and get the anxiety under control, I hope that I will find a way to not butt heads with my daughter every single day, etc... It's all stuff I am working on now, and I just hope that 5 years from now I will have found something that works!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Life has taught me never, ever look beyond the next day. You never know what's about to come along and kick you in the balls.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I will have been married 17 years.
    Have already ran many 1/2 marathons, hopefully a whole marathon.
    Living in Fredricksburg, Texas. (we'll hopefully be moving in about 3 years)