Not sore from Shred!?

Options
Okay, so I've been seeing all kinds of posts about the 30DS (which I've owned for over a year)...I tried it last night for the first time. It was a little rough, a good workout, I burned a lot of calories according to my HRM -- but I'm not sore today. I feel like I should be. Should I give Level 1 another try or move up to Level 2? I've never done it before ... so I want to make sure that I get the benefit from it. I'd appreciate some thoughts from veterans! Thanks!!

Replies

• staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I would continue with Level 1 and move up in a few days if you still don't feel challenged
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I felt the sore in my muscles on my second day. today is my day 5.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    What weight did you use? Maybe the weight you're using just didn't challenge you and you need something heavier?
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Were you able to keep up with Natalie the whole time? My legs felt sore after day one but much better after that. But I wasn't keeping up with Natalie until a few more times.
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd wait and see if you stiffen up today! That's what happened to me. That said, after a couple of days I stopped getting stiff on Level 1 (possibly due to adding in extra warm down stretches!). It might feel a bit tougher the 2nd and 3rd times you do it as the muscles will be tired but not built up yet.

However, a few days ago I had a sneak peek at what Level 2 had in store and thought 'hmm, maybe I'll keep doing Level 1 to make sure I'm ready', this morning I had another look and thought 'actually I think I'll be able to do those moves'. I'd give yourself a look at the other levels and guage what you think is right for you. You can always mix it up between the levels - whatever works for you.

Enjoy!
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Not everyone feels sore after a workout - but that doesnt necessarily mean it isnt working. As you say, you still burned a lot of calories meaning your heart rate was still up in the "burning" zone

I often do high intensity work outs but generally dont ache after them but they still work as I have become a lot more toned
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Yeah.. use heavier weights.. You'll feel it then
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had the same worry when I started, especially because it was over so quickly, but once the week really got underway I was feeling like I was getting a really good workout, actually. I say stick with it! I also added about a half hour of light cardio (walking) to burn a few extra calories.
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    I wasn't sore until I tried working out again and then the muscles started feeling it. It wasn't until after like an entire day that I felt anything either.
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    try using heavier weights and follow the advanced girl (I forget her name) - do it a few nights in a row - if still nothing then I would advance to the next level. I have completed that dvd twice and it kills me each time.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    lol....I started Tuesday evening, woke up the next morning without any soreness...however, by afternoon I was starting to feel it. Had my second session last night and oooweee feeling it this morning, especially in my abs and butt! :wink:
  • christymarie214
    christymarie214 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have been doing it for 4 days now and I am not sore, but I do feel a little stiff at times. I am sticking to L1 for the 10 days, since now I am just upping my weights on all the moves. My husband does it with me and he is really in shape and with his heavy weights, he is sore. So, I wouldn't move on, just increase your weights... you are just too strong my dear:)
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The first time i did it it killed me (the first exercise i tried after having my daughter) so i tried other exercises to get into the habit after 5 days of doing something else i tried it again last night and today i don"t hurt at all, i also used 3 lb weights...I found that i sweat like crazy and now i am bent on perfecting my moves, i would say as long as you are sweating and feeling like you got your butt kicked then it is probably fine, if you feel the need up your weights, the reason for doing 10 day intervals is so that you don't plateau in your weight loss it is like giving your body a kick in the pants when you change it up.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to give it another go tonight :)
  • sarahstro
    Options
    sometimes I dont get sore until the second day after the workout but I think also the comment about the weights is right. I just got to level 3 but every level was a huge challenge especially the strength part.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I just started 30D shred on Tuesday and used 8 pound weights; the next day I was somewhat sore.. A good sore.. Then yesterday I used 5 pound weights that I bought and today I'm not as sore as I was the day before... But I feel good... So I think for myself I'm going to use a mix of the 8 and 5 pound weights... Good luck!
  • kimkimchi
    Options
    I used 3lb weights and was sore, but then again I was terribly out of shape. What other people suggested is a good idea - jump up to level 2 or 3!