Really?

Options
Really?

You can't find time to eat right?
You don't have time to exercise?
You can't stop eating junk?
You can't get your family to eat healthy?
You can't afford a gym?
You can't afford to eat healthy?
You can't seem to lose weight and you wonder why...

The common problem is you. Yes its tough love but its the truth, You chose what you eat, if it goes in your mouth your most likely the one who puts it in. You chose what you do with your time, you can sit or you can move but you chose. Admit it and you will be on your way to success.

Every thing I listed above is a choice you have to make

It doesn't take long to eat right, prep ahead of time once a week you can make lunch for the week, prep your meals on the weekend and all you have to do is heat them up.

You can exercise, if you work in a building with stairs use them, walk to the store rather then drive, park away from doors, use bathrooms on a different floor. Use your breaks at works to get a quick walk, do squats, jog in place, jumping jacks, running up stairs burns a ton of calories ect....

You can stop eating junk, want something sweet have a yam. want something salty popcorn. The choices are endless and you can get tons of advice on this site so read and learn and make changes.

You can get your family to eat healthy, if your the food prepare that's whats for dinner eat it or go with out or fix your own meals. Sounds harsh but most husbands and children are lazy and will chose to eat healthy. Be the example change your life and make them want to change theirs. If you not the cook, it can be a little tougher, but can still be done. Choose to eat all the veggies, cut back on the portions of the less healthy foods. Enter your meal before you sit down to eat so you know what your putting into your face. Your plate should be 50% vegetables

You can afford a gym membership, they are getting cheaper. There are some for as little as a $1 a day or less, check out Snap Fitness, Anytime Fitness, 24hr Fitness ect... I understand times are tough and maybe you can't afford one, or chose not to skip your coffee or cut a dollar a day for your health. Gym or Cable? Gym or Night Out? Gym or you know what you can cut? What your life worth to you, how much are you willing to pay for a extra day? week? month? years?

You can afford to eat healthy. If you chose to eat fast food, lets say at $4.00 a meal 3meals a day for 7 days is $84.00 a week. Veggies are not that expensive you can get a bag of frozen veggies for $1.00 Chicken is $1.00 a pound, eggs are less then $1.00 a doz. If you chose to make the choice to eat whole foods you will actually find out you save money, we do.

You can lose weight. Make some changes if you repeat what you have done in the past can you expect different results? Plan your life, meals, exercise and stick to it, and you can do it.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    ALL SO TRUE! a lot of people need to read this - stop making excuses - and get their butts in gear!! :)
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Well said. Everything you just said is so true. Its too easy to make excuses. And yes, sometimes its really really hard to stick to a diet and exercise regime but its so much harder being fat. So, you choose - make excuses or do something about it.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great adivce! Lentils and beans are really cheap especially dried in the bulk section
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    AMEN!

exactly that :)
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I really can't afford a gym. I don't drink coffee, don't have nights out, and cancelled my cable and internet to pay the rent. BUT I do get my exercise in others ways that cast far less; workout Eve's from the library, take walks, ride my bike, etc.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I really can't afford a gym. I don't drink coffee, don't have nights out, and cancelled my cable and internet to pay the rent. BUT I do get my exercise in others ways that cast far less; workout Eve's from the library, take walks, ride my bike, etc.

There you go. See. It can be done.
    Well done :flowerforyou:
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Very well said! :bigsmile:
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    couldn't have said it better myself!!!
  • rjlarry
    rjlarry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great post, but you have the costs of food wrong Chicken and eggs are more expensive, but so is the Fast food. Everything you do is a choice and its a matter of being lazy or working toward a goal. to achieve the goal you have to WORK!!!
  • nothingisred
    Options
    This is all so true! And for the past 3 years I was exactly that person. I told myself I didn't have time to go to the gym because I worked 60 hour weeks, yet I would come home and just watch TV. I told myself I couldn't afford a gym membership yet I'd buy perhaps 10-15 magazines a month (that I would flick through once then throw out) at £3 a pop, easily enough for a gym subscription! I told myself I didn't have the time or money to cook healthy meals from scratch in the evenings, yet every night I would end up in the Co-op after work staring at the ready meals for 20 minutes trying to decide what I wanted and would then proceed to spend £10 (for 2 people) without any thought for buying fresh ingredients that would last me a few meals rather than one expensive processed meal. And all of this just got me 30lbs heavier and probably a lot poorer!

My mindset has changed now though. I do weekly shops spending a little bit of time thinking about how many meals I can get out of the bags of vegetables that I buy (I actually get a lot of joy out of cooking and coming up with healthy meals from what I have in my fridge now) and even though most of my evenings are taken up by the gym I realise that if I wasn't there most of the time I wouldn't be doing anything more exciting than sitting on the sofa anyway. I spend a lot on my gym membership but I still have nights out and I still buy far too many clothes, turns out I could afford it afterall (but I'm sure I knew that all along anyway).

You are completely right, you're your own worst enemy and things will never change until you accept that your lifestyle and mindset was how you got there in the first place and nothing will change until those two factors do.
  • scottbe07
    scottbe07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna reblog this!
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well said Sweetie! I am SO proud of U :) I am so Happy that we are all making the choice to lose weight and get Healthy! In the long run it may be a little more work with food prep and workouts but it is All worth it in the end :) I am going to get gushy I Love U!
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    so many people get fat by spending all their time driving around, spending their money that they claim they don't have on insurance, gas, car payments, repairs...............................
    if you biked you would spend $0 and get exercise

sure biking's close to impossible in some towns but in a lot of cities most things are less than 5 miles away (25 minutes on a bike), and half the trips people make are to the close-by grocery etc.

i like this post because it points out what nobody likes to hear:
    most people don't like to use their brains and just assume thing have to be a certain way that they've always known: driving, fast food, TV, whatever's 'easiest'......a bunch of rubbish.