I need a Multi-Vitamin recommendation

Options
Ok, I need to find a new multi-vitamin. I use One-A-Day Women's Active Metabolism and this is the third time now I have thrown up after taking it. I can only take it with a meal, or I get insanely nauseous. Apparently a banana, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, and coffee this morning wasn't substantial enough. I think I would like to try a gummy. What's your favorite multi-vitamin, if you take one?

Replies

• vegankaty
    Options
    When I was pregnant I had a really hard time with my prenatals. My doctor told me to take flinstone complete vitamins (they make gummy ones too) I have been taking those since then. They have the same amount of vitamins but seem so much gentler. And they taste good!

It is recommended to take any vitamin with food :)
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I use Centrum when I remember to take it. And I have to take it at lunch time! I get sick from vitamins also. When I was pregnant doctor suggested Flintstone chewables (to take 2).
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i take the gummy multi-vites. they are awesome and don't upset my stomach. i used to take one-a-day women's and i'd always feel really naseous for hours afterwards. never had a prob with the gummies. it must be how they digest or something.
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I take Flinstones... Just like when you were a kid... They have gummies as well. But I take the traditional Flinstones; sometimes the ones that have a focus on iron. I used to take One A Day and always felt sick after so I went back to something I knew I wouldn't have that reaction to. Good luck! :)
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I take Vitafusion - Complete Adult gummy vitamins! They aren't hard and nasty like the one-a-day's gummy and I look forward to taking them everyday!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11675556&search=vitamin&Mo=30&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=4048033&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&cat=90918&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=vitamin&eCat=BC|589&Ntk=Text_Search&Ntt=vitamin&No=9&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1
  • dcholliday2
    dcholliday2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    From Hi-Health: Ultraplan Women's multivitamin for Women Mega potency. I take 1 in the morning and 1 at lunch. I love it & I'm sensitive to things in medicine/vitamins.
    http://shop.hihealth.com/Ultimate-Plusreg-Mega-Potency-for-Women-180-tabs-P5236.aspx
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It's pricy, and a little more complex (more than one pill to take) but I take Advocare MNS (Metabolic Nutrition Systems). In addition to having mutli-vitamins in it, it also has supplements that help with appetite and energy. Oh, and a dose of probiotic. I order mine online.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I use the Whole Foods 365 brand multivitamin. It doesn't contain any weirdo additives or dyes.
  • sal0118
    sal0118 Posts: 84
    Options
    When it comes to multiple-vitamins, I would caution you to google articles in regards to taking them. Lately, there has been articles connecting them to cardiovascular disease, and kidney stones. Articles state that if you are on a healthy diet than you do not need it. They continue to recommend taking vitamin D, calcium, and vitamin B12.

I am still on one. I have been feeling like I should replace it with vitamin B12 since I already take calcium and vitamin D.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The difference could be the iron. Iron is hard on the stomach and I have found that most yummiest do NOT contain iron. That is the nutrient that I have trouble getting enough of in my diet.
  • gettingstronger
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for all the great advice!!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I take chewable Flintstones with iron. I usually take one every other day.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I take Flintstone chewable vitamins, either the original or the gummy. I prefer the gummy ones, they taste just like gummy bears! :)
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the gummy muti-vites I believe for almost a month! Having a almost 2 year old in daycare bringing home colds I had to get on something asap! These have been great and super tasty!
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Go to a health food store. Ask for a whole food based vitamin. There are plenty of them. They are so easy on the stomach, no burping up vitaminy taste or upset stomach. I take New Chapter organics but there are tons of choices. I like them because you can take them on an empty stomach and they are only one a day, where some of them want you to take 3 or more to get the full amount of vitamin listed.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I take my multi after dinner. I also suspect it's a total waste of money and will end up giving me cancer, but so far I just keep taking it.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I read this, I thought it was just me who would get nauseous (sp?) and sometime even throw up after taking one-a-day vitamins. I'm not taking anything right now but may try the gummies.
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    Dymatize multis best available for price imo will turn your urine a different colour for a while but check the values on the back will out match most other multis maybe except Animal Pak but that about 12ish tabs to swallow.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My doctor took me off of them as they can interfere with some medications. If you are on anything, check with the pharmicist or doctor first.
  • Tinkerbella831
    Options
    I still take prenatal vitamins they say they are the best for women even when you are not pregnanet