Trying to Gain Control

leannelately
leannelately Posts: 31 Member
edited October 4 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, Everyone! I'm Leanne, 31 years old, from the Pittsburgh area. I'm not new, per se, but it's been a long time since I utilized MyFitnessPal.

Like everyone else, I need support. I hit my wall and am devastated at what I've done to my body. I no longer have a choice or the room to say, "I'll do it one day." I need to get myself healthy now.

My boyfriend and I just became first time homeowners in August and I accepted the job of a lifetime in June. My life is what I want it to be except for my health.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you! I really enjoy this site and just discovered the blog option, which is exactly what I need right now. :-)

Replies

• LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Good luck. When you find out how to gain control back, let me know. LOL.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Good luck on your journey!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like! Congrats on the new house and job :)
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Good luck. I saw a new doctor recently, and he said, just stay under 1600 calories per day for three months, and come back then. It was not as easy as I hoped, but it was way easier to just count calories and nothing else for a few weeks. After a month, I had lost 9 pounds, and I was already feeling better. A week went by without losing anything, so I switched to lo carb, which was a breeze after I'd already been restraining myself for a few weeks. I think this baby step approach has made this a much easier time for me than in the past. I wish you all the best! :)
This discussion has been closed.