NSV - slightly shocked

Options
HI everyone, this is my first time posting.. but i had to share this. I have been dieting for about 5 weeks now, and i've lost 11lbs which im happy about.. But in the last 5 days, i have lost 2.5inchs off my waist, and nearly 3inchs off my bum!

I'm obviously thrilled about this, but does anyone know why it would all just disappear over the space of 5 days??

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    While I don't know why it is showing more for you today than before... I do know that THAT IS FABULOUS!!! Good for you, and be proud!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    great start to your program!! stick with it!! and WELCOME!:happy:
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I hate measuring myself because I always get a different measurement! How can I measure accurately or the same way each time? I know I am losing inches because I am into smaller jeans now.
    And - scrittenden, GREAT JOB!!!
  • scrittenden
    scrittenden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well i deliberately have been measuring the absolute biggest part of me rather than my "waist".. and i even tried breathing out, getting my bf to measure me just incase i was subconciously trying to trick myself lol.. and its 2.5inchs with me breathing out as far as posisble, so its probably more loss than that.

I have been doing about 45mins cardio 5/6 days a week, do you think it might be my muscles just tightening up? I've had no muscle toning at all since i gave birth to my daughter last year..
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Fat retains a lot of water, which your body may not want to let go of even after the fat is gone. And sore muscles also retain water. But eventually your body realizes it doesn't need all that & lets go of it. Also, hormones play a big role. Certain times of the month, I know I've lost weight, but the scale won't show it at all, then suddenly a week later it looks like I've lost 4 lb all at once...
    The moral of that story is: perseverance. Keep at it even when you don't see results, have faith that it's working and you'll see it eventually!

Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work!
  • Granny1227
    Options
    I don't know why either. But isn't it great
  • scrittenden
    scrittenden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yup :) it gave me the boost i needed this morning to carry on with it all
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I'm so happy for you... can't wait to see more progress!

It could be the initial water weight since it seemed to come off easily. Be mindful that it will not always happen so quickly, but you will continue to see results! Best of luck! :D
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Reposted from a member to me once:

Very common... been referred to as the whoosh fairy. You could go days, even weeks with no loss then WHOOSH... big loss practically overnight.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

CONGRATS TO YOU!
  • Behipped
    Options
    HA, the whoosh fairy. That is the perfect term!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!