Fitness Black Book for Women?

Options
Hey,
Has anyone tried this program? I tried searching for reviews online but they all seem like advertisements, which is making me a little wary....
Anyway it would be nice to have a program to follow since I'm considering joining a gym for strength training. What caught my eye about this book is that he mentions that many women want to strength train, but avoid bulking up the quads, which is exaclty my situation. I want more muscle in my booty and upper body, but my quads get big so easily that I'm worried I won't fit in my jeans if I do heavy squats.
Thoughts??

Replies

• goodthings
    Options
    OH just realized it's called Visual Impact for Women, the website is fitnessblackbook. If anyone has other programs they like for beginning strength training, I'd appreciate it!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I like Jamie Eason Live Fit

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

It's free!
  • v_woolf
    v_woolf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend "The Body Sculpting Bible for Women". It's slightly dated (I actually got it at a used book store a few years ago!) but the book is divided into sections based on muscle group with pictures and step-by-step directions on how to do every single exercise.

Amanda
  • goodthings
    Options
    Oh wow, she has a really detailed plan...and free...thanks!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Try New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • burgenah
    Options
    I love this guy. He is full of great information and I have used portions of his suggestions in my previous "health kicks" and they have worked really well. As a matter of fact I was frantic tonight that my treadmill is on the blitz, I have no gym membership and it was I was in a good fasted state for his cardio fat burn! I think I need to get another gym membership just for his way of cardio. But I love his eating tips as well, and he really tells it like it is! Check it out. http://fitnessblackbook.com/
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump