Oh my Stomach

Options
Najay
Najay Posts: 273 Member
I have been so hungry this week. Any pointers on what foods that full you up and keep you satisfied? I eat protein bars from time to time to help. Too bad sex isn't a food that keeps you satisfied, LOL

:tongue:

Replies

• akellyking77
    akellyking77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not food, but a great way to burn calories. :)))
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If you're really hungry, you're doing something wrong. Remember this is NOT a diet. It's for keeps. You will not spend the rest of your life feeling hungry. Are you eating slow relaese carbs and sufficient protein? Can you up your exercise to eat more and stay within limits?
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    fiber, put fiber in ur food, and drink it will make u feel fuller
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been so hungry this week. Any pointers on what foods that full you up and keep you satisfied? I eat protein bars from time to time to help. Too bad sex isn't a food that keeps you satisfied, LOL

:tongue:

Peanut butter helps to sustain my hunger. I put it on apples or english muffins. Almonds is another good snack that is surprisingly very filling!
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fiber 1 bars are awesome. Be careful though. If you eat a whole one you wont feel hungry when its actually time to eat.... but if you don't OMG you will be starving. I suggest eating a bar all day... couple of bites hear and there. Also all protein is not created equally. Make sure you eat enough fat too. Peanut butter is like the ultimate satisfaction. Spread it on whole grain bread and voila... instant craving zapper.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Protein, fiber, and water.
  • wordynerd76
    Options
    Typically veggies are low in calories but full of nutrients and will fill you up. Nix the protein bars and go with fiber bars instead. Fiber will help you feel full. Also, caffeine is a natural hunger supressant (along with being a natural anti-depressant and a natural healthy-heart food (in moderate doses, of course - nothing is healthy in excess!)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This is what I had this morning at 8:30 AM and I am just beginning to feel hungry again at 10:40 AM.
    Food for Life - Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread - Organic, 2 slice (34g)
    Maranatha - Natural - Almond Butter - Cream & Raw - No Salt Added, 2 Tbsp
    Polaner All Fruit With Fiber - Strawberry Seedless, 1 Tbsp (18g)

Brendan Brazier's new book talks about how the majority of food we eat is not nutrient dense, so you continue to feel hungry and eat, beyond what you should calorie-wise. I have only read the first 3 chapters, so I do not know all the answers, but I do know that whole grains, raw nuts, beans, whole grain rice, vegetables, & fruit like apples, are all filling.
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Veggies with protein/fat help me. I like:

hummus
    white beans mashed with Ranch powder and plain yogurt
    Wholly Guacamole 100 cal packs
    black beans mashed with salsa and plain yogurt

These help me squeeze in enough veggies but makes them filling enough that I'm not starving 20 minutes later! Good luck!
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can up my exercise and walk on my breaks at work.