30DS, but not every day?

Options
I want to take up the 30DS again, I did it about 3 months ago and it lost me lots of inches!
Currently I have a week off College, so I'll be able to do the 30DS everyday. But when I start College again I'll only be home for 2 days a week.
Do you think it's possible to only do the 30DS for 2 days a week and still see the results?

Replies

• Leesseebee
    Options
    whats 30ds?
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you will see the same results as when you did it everyday, but doing something is a helluva lot better than doing nothing. Do what you can!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    whats 30ds?
    30 day shred.
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you will see the same results as when you did it everyday, but doing something is a helluva lot better than doing nothing. Do what you can!

I agree!!!! I cant do it everyday, but I do the 30ds atleast 4 times a week. I am not seeing a differnce in my body, but my 9 year old has! :)
  • koutroulakis
    Options
    Technically u should not left weights everyday...u should give ur muscles a day or two to recover. you can walk alot on campus or around the track during breaks on the other days.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I would say... YES!!! Doing 30 DS two days a week would definitely still help you. As you said, the results of course would not be quite as drastic but it is still worth it. And be sure to do the level that you find is most challenging, and be able to make it through the whole thing with no breaks!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Why can't you do it at college? All you need are your weights and you can literally do it anywhere. You've done it once before so you know what to expect and how to do all the movements. Just jot down some notes so you know the routine and do it while you're not at home too. We know there's different circuits and its 3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs. Just keep a timer with you or a clock so you can watch the time.
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you could try doing it twice a day 2x a week, or maybe the whole dvd if you can manage. and if you could manage some form of exercise on the other days that would be great, if not then try to walk more, walk the long way around to class, walk circles while studying, take the stairs as much as you can, that sort of thing. Hope this helps, good luck :)
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    I would do it in College but the gym there is only available for people who take some sports degrees or physiotherapy degrees :-( It's so unfair! But I could do it in my boyfriend's house, I'll just have to write down what I have to do.

I could try to do it 2x a day for those two days, that sounds like a good plan! I never thought of that.

I know I won't get really fast and amazing results, I'm just looking for something to go along with what I'm currently doing. Every little helps!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Just doing it twice a week its better then not doing it at all but you wont get the results as fast as you would, if you did it 5 times a week, wich im sure you understand. But since you´re only able to do it twice a week, maybe you can try to push yourself when you do them, up the dumbells etc or combine them with each other so you do level 1+2, 2+3, 3+1 to make the most of it?
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS everyday for a month, but now I use Jillian's other dvd Ripped in 30 for strength training when I don't have a chance to go to the gym. When using the video, I make sure to use heavier weights and focus more on the non-cardio moves.

So my week looks like this - 3 days of cardio (every other day), 3 days of strength/Ripped in 30 (every other day), and 1 day of rest.

Now that I'm mixing it up more (instead of doing the 30DS every day plus cardio every day), I've been losing weight at almost twice the rate I was before. Part of it could be that I have more muscle now from diong the 30DS already (muscle burns more calories), and part of it could be that I'm mixing it up more. But overall, NOT doing the video each day has shown me better results.