-24 fat, Is it a big deal?

Options
I still have 400 calories I could consume but I'm over my fat intake by 24. Do you think it's a biggie? It's not like I'm wolfing down cheese burgers or anything.... :laugh:

Any ideas for great snacks with low fat?

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I still have 400 calories I could consume but I'm over my fat intake by 24. Do you think it's a biggie? It's not like I'm wolfing down cheese burgers or anything.... :laugh:

Any ideas for great snacks with low fat?
  • Ang8178
    Options
    OK I just looked at my food "stuff" and it was the olive oil I cook with and salad dressing that did me in!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    What are your carb/protein/fat percentages?
  • TheMeatman
    Options
    I've found that when I eat my Almonds my fat counts go up. I think it really depends on what your eating.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    If you are consistently over your fat burning the week, then skip it. If not, try some fat free yogurt (Greek is good) or a protein shake - something to give you the calories, because 400 calories is a big deficit for the day.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If it's not saturated fat I wouldn't worry too much.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Calories are more important than what you've gone over, so if you're over in carbs or fat, but have like 500 calories left, you should eat, regardless of if you're over. If you're over in calories but still have carbs or fat left, don't eat anything.

It took a long time for me to get my fat count down, just learning what things in our meals were high fat and trying to fix it.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you allotted?
    Ratios DO matter. You have had 220 extra calories from fat, which means you've had 220 too few from carbohydrates or protein. MFP gives you those numbers specifically to ensure you're meeting the RDA for carbohydrates, fat, and protein. They put you at the highest end of carbohydrates and the lowest end of protein.

If you were allotted 1200 calories like many people here, and you've only eaten 800, then about 50% of your calories have come from fat, because you had the 25% MFP allotted, plus another 220 calories worth.

It's about more than calories in vs. calories out.
  • Ang8178
    Options
    Well I was allotted 600 EXTRA calories from exercise. Everything else is dead even for the day. Oh wait I have 170 more carbs to use also. But protein and everything else is dead on. I did eat some pasta when I was 16 over fat because I was soooo freakin hungry. I'm not hungry anymore but want to keep my fat down.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    hay if your making cheese burgers can I get one .............thanks
  • Ang8178
    Options
    YES! Cheese burger night with bacon! And I'll even cook the burger IN the bacon grease! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    YES! Cheese burger night with bacon! And I'll even cook the burger IN the bacon grease! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

extra cheese please I love cheese burgers I eat one everynight , what do you think?