Lost a stone in a week?

Hi all,

Lost a stone this week? Is this normal?

I have changed my diet in a big way and have been running 3 nights a week!

Thanks
Jay

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    do you have a lot to lose?
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Don't panic...tell us exactly what you did lol
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    It is not unusual to lose a big number when you first start. I lost 10 lbs in my first week with just a change of diet. The weight will come off more slowly as you progress in your journey.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    A stone? As in 14 pounds? Certainly not normal. If I lost that amount in a week I'd be very worried. Pleased, but worried....

Sue :smile: x
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Very normal when you first change your routine AKA. "start a diet." Most of it, unfortunately, is water weight. The weight loss should slow down over time, but don't be surprised if you see another big loss next week. Everybody recommends 1-2 pounds a week, but even eating at a 1000 calorie deficit, I lost 3-5 pounds a week at my heaviest. The heavier you are, the more weight you tend to lose each week.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    most of it could b water weight.

if u're drinkin a lot of water ur body won't hold onto it anymore.

when u don't drink a lot of water ur body holds it b/c it wants 2 b sure it survives but when u do drink a lot of water ur body will let go of it b/c it knows it's gonna b gettin it on a continuous basis.

plus if u drink a lot of water u're not as hungry as much.

& of course the big eatin change will help as well. so yes. it is possible to drop a stone (abt 14lbs for US ppl) in abt a wk.

congrats btw!! :flowerforyou:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    if i did that i'd be at my goal weight...i wish! haha xx
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    If you've just started out I wouldn't worry, especially if you have quite alot to lose. Generally at the beginning people lose loads of water weight, and then it slows down after a couple of weeks. I only had 20lbs to lose in total, yet lost 6lbs in 1 week (2nd week) without trying extra hard.

If it carries on though at such as huge rate I would begin to question what you're doing to make it that way, you would probably need to eat alot more.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Nothing to be concerned about. During the first weeks of a major change, your body is shedding water weight, toxins, etc. Every body is different, and men tend to lose faster! However, if your losses stay that high, it's definitely not heatlhy.

But realistically, next week you might see very little change.

Don't fret! Keep up the healthy lifestyle and make adjustments as needed. Good for you!
  • Im 15 Stone so not to heavy to be honest. Have changed my diet in a big way though!

I run 2 - 3 times a week and do wieghts twice a week (-:

Thank you for all the replys