A quick definition

Options
PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned - Some Material May Be Inappropriate For Children Under 13. These films may contain sex references, up to four uses of explicit language, drug innuendo, strong crude/suggestive humor, mature/political themes, moderately long horror moments and/or moderate action violence. There are usually no restrictions on non-sexual nudity. However, extreme bloodshed is rarely present. This is the minimum rating at which drug content is present; with the exception of Austin Powers and Click. Marijuana smoking is the only illegal drug use that can be depicted in a PG-13 film, with the exception of Forrest Gump, in which a brief scene depicts an actress snorting cocaine. While PG-13 films usually have more profanity than PG films, this is not necessarily the case. A film that is given a PG-13 rating due to profane language and/or racial insults is given this rating because it contains more of these elements than a PG rating would permit, or the film contains uses of stronger profanities than a PG would permit. A film rated PG-13 for "intense violence" is given this rating if blood is present in a violent way.

Replies

• PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I feel much more informed now????
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Hello mods?
  • firefightinflip
    Options
    I got in trouble for saying penis......but according to the "PG-13" rules, it's allowed!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I got in trouble for saying penis......but according to the "PG-13" rules, it's allowed!

My 7 year old daughter and 11 year old son say penis.
  • Hattie2879
    Options
    Penis isn't a bad word, why would you get in trouble for that? I'd think you'd only get in trouble for using the slang terms. :huh:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    So referencing anatomy by the proper terms is not allowed? :huh:
  • firefightinflip
    Options
    It is frowned upon in this establishment......I even cleaned it up and used a dollar sign as the "s".....
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaand 3....2....1 :smile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing boobs in a pg-13 movie once. It had Madonna in it. That didn't detract from the boob moment at all.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I really hope underboob is PG 13
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hackers was PG-13 & you saw Angelina's boobies in it.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    up to four uses of explicit language, drug innuendo, strong crude/suggestive humor, mature/political themes, moderately long horror moments and/or moderate action violence.

four uses - would that be per post; per user; per thread; per day; per month?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hackers was PG-13 & you saw Angelina's boobies in it.
    Hackers was a terrible movie, but you are right. That makes 2 movies.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just One of The Guys was another one (Yes, I googled) And the sketch in Titanic showed a boob.