Rice and/or noodles

Options
Love to eat chicken but want to add rice and/or noodles to mix things up. What are the best ones that have the lowest calories that you have found?

Replies

• firedrgn2000
    Options
    Brown rice or quinoa pasta.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    definetly brown rice.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Brown rice. I like to cook it in fat free chicken broth for extra flavor!
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of soba noodles or barley!
  • idlose
    idlose Posts: 16
    Options
    Basmati rice is my fav...it is a white aromatic rice, but 3/4 cup cooked is 150 cals...as far as noodles, i use Dreamfields pasta. It has 5G digestible carbs and i dont like to feel so tired from the carb load in pasta. it IS about 20 cals higher (190 for 2 oz dry) but worth it in the load. I know you were looking for lower cals, but that is something you should consider too. I make certain choices when it comes to the amt of carbs, as i try to keep them lower when i can and you can not tell any difference with that pasta and others....good luck!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    brown or white rice
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    cous cous!! taste like pasta.. small like rice.. cookes in about 5 minutes :)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    They have brown rice pasta.....very delicious!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options

ohhh.. forgot about barley :) polenta is also very yummy
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta are great choices. They don't necessarily have fewer calories, but they do have fiber and protein.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The ones I don't eat! :tongue:
    sorry!
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello i think there are both much the same both can be calorific i would say try wholemeal or wholegrain alternatives where possible or you could try cous cous or quinoa or pearl barley just a few ideas
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone!!! I will have to check my supermarket to find these items!!! I know I won't be eating them ALL THE TIME but it would be nice to have once in a while!
    Thanks again!
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options

ohhh.. forgot about barley :) polenta is also very yummy

Love polenta!! Quinoa is probably my first choice, decent in calories, fiber, and protein.