Bananas- Good fruit or Bad fruit

Options

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    it's kind of like asking whether or not a hammer is a good tool.

It's fantastic if you need to hammer something. If you need to saw a piece of wood in half, it sucks.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    at nearly $9 a Kilo here in Australia... It's a bad fruit.. hahaha

HOLY COW!!

I know! They are the cheapest thing on my grocery list! Cheaper than bread!

Exactly what I was thinking!

holy pine nuts bat man! That's aweful...I wish I could send you a big box of them now! :) They are the cheapest fruit to get over here! I wish apples would be the same.

Trade u, Apples are cheap here haha

Ill take it! I like the Gala apples though...the plain ol delicious red kind are cheaper sometimes but my Gala's are like $1.50 to $1.99 a lb! Compared to banana's that are like .60 cents a lb! I like a good fuji as well
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Bananas in pajamas =) yes to bananas
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Although my opinion is probably superfluous at this point, I'm going to jump in with a yes for bananas. Also, I second whoever said that they're good frozen! Let them thaw a few minutes before eating them, they're delicious and have a great texture. :)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I just had one this morning in my smoothie...love 'em in my smoothie! They are good for you...but of course in moderation as they are high in caloric..great for after a workout!
  • bookdame
    Options
    Where do you work!!!! I want fresh fruit! All we get is not so healthy bagels!

We don't get any snacks at my job! But I do like to go to the farmers market and grab stuff--- I live in California and we've got a lot of fresh stuff. I love bananas in the morning before or after exercise. Just make sure they aren't too ripe, it causes a bit of a sugar crash!

I'm definitely going to try freezing them! I freeze grapes for a dessert...
  • bookdame
    Options
    Bananas in pajamas =) yes to bananas

Your signature is too great!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I love bananas...BUT I'm a type II diabetic and they spike my blood sugar like crazy. I'd have to say no to bananas, but only in that scenario. For non-afflicted people bananas are a bit of a super food. And they're yummy :)
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    it's kind of like asking whether or not a hammer is a good tool.

It's fantastic if you need to hammer something. If you need to saw a piece of wood in half, it sucks.

^ ha ha ha... love this... :laugh:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Good! They fill you up. Great frozen too. And jeez, free?
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options

HOLY COW!!

Ditto that! I eat bananas every day, I'd die if I couldn't afford them!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good fruit! And boy are you fortunate for your job to bring fresh fruit in daily. WOW!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    WHOOP FOR NANERS!!!

WHOOP WHOOP!!

I love me some nanners... =) Aldi = $.044/lb. At that rate, I get two bushels and freeze one.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    Some people will tell you that bananas are calorie dense, starchy, and contain to much sugar. Other people will tell you that it's a great snack loaded with vitamins and fiber.

Really it depends on how your body process it. If you are souly basing it off of calories grapes or an apple would be a better option.

I personally love bananas. I eat one almost everyday. Along with a lot of other fruit.

Right now I'm not eating any 'manufactured foods' so I rely on my morning banana to add sweetness to my oatmeal!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    And now everyone send the poor aussie some banana's!

HAHA
    It's a trap!
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    And now everyone send the poor aussie some banana's!

HAHA
    It's a trap!

My housemate was excited about finding them cheap on the weekend at the markets
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    definitely cheaper fruits out there, but some ppl will pay $2.50 or more for a 250g or less snack (that adds up to more than $10 / kg).
    My wife now buys me bananas because I won that arguement lol
  • Alice230
    Options
    I love Bananas! They are very good. When I was on WW (since the fruit was free and some vegetables) I would make myself a little tray as a nighttime snack! I would take whatever fruits and vegetables were in the house cut them up and place them in a circle around a center of dipping sauce. Usually,ranch dressing for the celery and that would be my nighttime snack! I would usually have celery,strawberries or bananas.
  • marisa_munches
    Options
    Definitely a good fruit! Very filling. One interesting thing I learned though was that the sugar content changes depending on how ripe the banana is so if you're trying to stay low on sugar, don't let it get too ripe! :)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options

hahaha I agree with this! Seriously though, nutritionally I don't think there is any such thing as a bad fruit.