Juicing Recipes

Options
Hey everyone!

I think I'm going to make next week a detox week for me. All raw food/vegetables/green smoothies/juices.

I did a raw juice fast a while ago, but I'm looking for more diversity with my juices.

What are your favorite recipes??

Replies

• fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1 medium sweet potato, 2-3 carrots, 1 small red bell pepper, 1 beet, 1 apple and 1 orange.
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Very on the sweet side but I swear it's the best juice I have ever made - don't know how someone would want chocolate when this exists ... it's grapes with celery and parsley. I don't know the quantities, but you will need enough celery to compensate the sweetness of the grapes and a touch of parsley to give it a little zing.

Good luck!
  • pital74
    pital74 Posts: 14
    Options
    Carrots, beet, spinach
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    This might be just what I need to do as well. I got sick of drinking the same juice all the time but my usual is pineapple, apple, pear, and grapes.
    I actually use my juicer to make soups. Which, maybe you could consider just to break up your week.

I do a tomato/vegetable soups - tomatoes, carrots, spinach, onion, celery, little bit of ginger root, and beets (beets add some sweatness to balance out the tomato). I also enjoy making sweet potato soup with a little ginger root, carrot, onions and spices (cumin or something smoky).
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    Carrots, beet, spinach

Carrots and spinach is actually my favorite! It's like chocolate milk! I haven't tried it with the beet though!
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    This might be just what I need to do as well. I got sick of drinking the same juice all the time but my usual is pineapple, apple, pear, and grapes.
    I actually use my juicer to make soups. Which, maybe you could consider just to break up your week.

I do a tomato/vegetable soups - tomatoes, carrots, spinach, onion, celery, little bit of ginger root, and beets (beets add some sweatness to balance out the tomato). I also enjoy making sweet potato soup with a little ginger root, carrot, onions and spices (cumin or something smoky).

The soup idea is fantastic! I'm not planning on doing a complete juice fast...what I was thinking was:
    -juice for breakfast
    -raw fruits/veggies/salad/juiced soups? for lunch
    -green smoothie for dinner
    -raw fruits/veggies/juice pops for snacks
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Do you add water? Juice or liquid of any type?
  • newMe936
    Options
    If you are looking for recipes, check out this website called jointhereboot.com for ideas. Scroll down and look for recipes. The only one that I've tried is the mean green, ugh strong.
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    Do you add water? Juice or liquid of any type?

I'm looking for both juice recipes (that you make with a juicer) along with green smoothie recipes (made with a blender).
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yellow delicious apples and raw cranberries with a splash of water and a little cinnamon. So good.
  • funsover
    Options
    How do you track the calories and quantities when juicing? I always have major difficulty with that part.
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    How do you track the calories and quantities when juicing? I always have major difficulty with that part.

When you're juicing, you typically add the entire fruit/vegetable in for calories - the only thing you're cutting out is the fiber. BUT these are all good calories, and you're getting all of the nutrients. That's why people can juice for weeks - even month - at a time. You get enough calories to be able to function, but it's all good, raw energy calories!
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    Yellow delicious apples and raw cranberries with a splash of water and a little cinnamon. So good.

This sounds really good! I've never juiced cranberries!