1 mile challenge!

Options
I have seen all sorts of lbs lost challenges, and Im sure there are exercise ones that I just missed but I wanted to make one that I could do. I challenge peeps to walk/jog/run 1 complete mile AT ONE TIME everyday! Lets go for one week (7 days) starting tomorrow (to give everyone that wants to do it a chance to get in on it). So this challenge is open for the next 24 hours...It is currently 11am on Wednesday where I am. So hop on the train for this one until 11am tomorrow (thursday) my time.

The reason I want it to be all at one time and not 5 min here 10 min here or totaling walking around at work is because it burns more calories and you might walk faster to get it done faster...burning even more cals. I have a treadmill I will be doing mine on. but you can go to a track or outside if you can measure it that way:) I am hoping this will get me motivated and hold me accountable to get moving! I have been slacking big time on my exercising so I got to do something. I will try to do mine when all the kids are napping:)

So lets go! 1 mile every day for 7 days. Starting Thursday the 20th to wed. the 26th!
If we all like it and more wanna join in we can start another week after that!

Replies

• Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'll join!!!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have wanted to do this for a while, so this will motivate me!!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    count me in :)
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You know what, I'm going to go ahead and join. I normally do a minimum of 5 miles per day, (I wear a bodybugg that watches my steps). But I'd like to jump in and help support you and walk by your side so I'm in. I'll step my game up to 6 miles per day for this purpose.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Not only do I need to start walking more, my dog needs to lose a few pounds :tongue:
  • amyB27
    amyB27 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I will join ya but I'll have to tweak it for myself personally. I walk a mile already almost daily now and all at once. My quickest time is 18 minutes, 36 minutes for 2 miles. So I will Try to do a mile in 16 minutes today-if the rain lets up lol. I think you have an awesome idea though!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You know what, I'm going to go ahead and join. I normally do a minimum of 5 miles per day, (I wear a bodybugg that watches my steps). But I'd like to jump in and help support you and walk by your side so I'm in. I'll step my game up to 6 miles per day for this purpose.

awwww! So sweet! Thanks! You are really gonna keep me on my toes...I will look bad now if I don't do it! LOL Thanks for the support!
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join too!! i'm really lazy when it comes to getting myself up and going, so this will be interesting, hahahah.
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    i'd like to join too!! i'm really lazy when it comes to getting myself up and going, so this will be interesting, hahahah.

me to! you're in!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Today is the day!!! READY, SET, GO!!! Get your mile on! Or extra mile for those who already do a few but want to support!! Don't forget to check in and let me know you did it everyday....and check to see if everyone else kept up!
  • Jessika21lynne
    Jessika21lynne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started running a mile a day on the treadmil on Monday. I would love some motivation to keep it up :)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I'm in! I started running a mile a day on the treadmil on Monday. I would love some motivation to keep it up :)

awesome! Your in. Let us know everyday when you have completed it so it helps get the others going....I must say I have already had one member say she did it already today and I want to go jump on my treadmill right now!! LOL but I have to wait till the little ones have nap time:)
  • Jessika21lynne
    Options
    I ended up putting a baby fence around my treadmil! lol :)
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't want to wake up this morning! BUT I thank God for all my friends and family who are sitting by and watching me and cheering me on. I woke up this morning to my laptop BUZZING! It was a friend of mine from Indonesia letting me know it was 4:30am (6:30pm his time). He wanted to know if I was getting ready to run! :) I sleepily replied, "No, I'm too tired. I went to bed too late. I need to be asleep by 10pm to run in the morning." Then I turned over and went back to sleep!

To wake up 5 minutes later to my Yahoo BUZZING again! It was him saying, "But you said you were going to run today. Are you sure?" I answered, "ughhh I'm too sleepy." Then closed my eyes.

To wake up at 5am, my heart racing like I was on fire or something. I reread what he wrote, "You SAID you were running." I SAID I was running! My word is my bond! I have a marathon to train for. 443 days till Disney Marathon 2013 (approximate date). I quickly replied, "I'm sorry, you are right. I'm getting up now to go run. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Talk to you later!"

And I jogged/walked 3.27 miles this morning! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Come on! YOU CAN DO IT! Get up and do your mile! YOU GOT THIS!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    alright peeps! It is on now! This is now a closed challenge! If you missed it check back in a week and see if we are gonna do another...in the meantime don't let it stop you if you want to get that mile in anyway! It will be practice for next week! and WAY TO GO to my peeps that have gotten theirs in today already!! :)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    got mine in today!! So far only one other person has checked in to say they did it......lets get moving people! If you work or something I get that, just don't forget this evening to get it in!
  • amyB27
    amyB27 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did a mile in 15 minutes! We did a total of 1.4 in 24 minutes using the last 4 tenths as cool down. Thats 3 minutes quicker than I had been doing and a minute faster than I aimed for!! Very happy with that lol! It seems daunting the first time or two that you walk a full mile at once but it is really shorter than it seems! You all can do it!! Way to go purpleiris1114!
  • Jessika21lynne
    Options
    DONE!!! Did my nightly 30 day shred followed by a 10 minute mile!!! Even though I was really dreading it!! :)
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Got in 1.04 miles in 17 mins!!! Had the dog along for the ride, made a few pits stops :wink: All in all, I'm ready for bed!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    OHH YAY!! I'm so proud of all of you (and myself)!! I am actually looking forward to being able to mark down another day for my self!! This is sooo gonna work! We had all by 2 people check in saying they did it so I am supper happy with that! Way to go peeps!!! Now keep it up. Check in today whenever you get your mile/miles in on the thread here or send me a message! :)