What helps you say "No"?

Options
So I'm fitting back into my long sleeve shirts and pants I didn't fit in last winter, woohoo!! They still don't look as good on me as they did a couple of years ago, but at least I can squeeze them on. My pants are a little snug, especially when I sit down, but not so tight they scream "Help me!!!!!" Lol. But I find that when I wear these clothes it helps me to say no to fatty greasy foods and yes to the gym because I feel more motivated. I feel like "I am going to fit perfect in these by Christmas!!!" But when I wear my bigger comfy clothes I am more apt to eat the bad foods and skip the gym. Does anybody else do this or am I crazy? What helps you to say no to junk food and yes to working out?

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

For me , its seeing results in my clothes helps me too...alsO, lately I've been getting a lot of comments from people who have noticed that I've lost. That goes a long way!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    honestly ... I mean this sounds terrible I know, but in thinking about it honestly. I want to date hmmm .. a smart woman who looks great in lingerie. I'm not looking for fake anything... no bimbos... just someone that I can match wits with, laugh and have a good time and who I can buy lingerie for. Hot Woman .. or Milk Duds.... HOT WOMAN!
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Really I don't want to log it in so that helps me. When I do log it in I realize how bad it really is. Other times I don't even want to log it at all lol. If I do eat junk I pair it with fruit and a lot of water so I eat less of the "junk".
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Knowing the nutritional of foods helps me say no. Knowing how many calories are in a tiny serving proves that it's not worth it.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Logging in the calories... I think about how little I'll have left the rest of the day.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I put some pictures of myself when I was really skinny on my fridge!! One look at those and I can walk away!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Looking down at my gut.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wearing tight clothes works really well for me too. It's hard to eat a bunch of greasy food if your pants are tight.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just realizing that NO food tastes as good as reaching my goal will feel.
  • anonomnom
    Options
    Because I want people to whisper about how thin I've gotten as I walk away. Nothing tastes better than success.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Being in love helps me say no.
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Keep up the great effort! Everyone will be envious of your consistency. For me, I think of all the butter,cream and calories in pot luck situations and bring my own alternatives. I like being in control of my destiny and sometimes family like to sabotage that, but I do not allow it in my mind. I learned to say no thank you without wavering! If I am not in a situation of knowing the people and they would be offended if I say no, I just say its a medical restriction to certain ingredients. That always stops the "just try its"
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    Opportunity cost and logging everything I eat helps me say no! As I've told my husband, nothing is off limits to me. Sure, I can eat that muffin or 210 calorie Krispy Kreme doughnut but 1) I won't be able to eat a 2nd or 3rd and I'll REALLY want to so why torture myself, and 2) I'll probably be hungry by wasting so many calories on something not filling and I do NOT want to be hungry. Plus, thinking about all the other days that I've said no leading up to the few pounds that I have lost so far is good incentive to not blow it on an impulsive eating choice. I really enjoy seeing that scale go down each week.