extra skin?

Options
ctalimenti
ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
My friend asked me if she lost weight, would there be extra skin. She is just over 5 foot and about 160-170. What do you think?? I told her I thought it would tighten up but wasn't exactly sure. She is about 20 yrs old.

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    hmmm i think if she did it wouldn't be too bad. even if she did, it's better to have extra skin than extra fat :)

i've lost 40 and no extra skin but i don't know what the case might be in 40 more lbs
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    She should be o.k if she loses it slow and steady. Still young .
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds 5 yrs ago and had no extra skin. Skin is pretty elastic and will go back. Tell her to put cocoa butter on her skin and keep it moisturized well to help it along, or get a good lotion with elastin in it. Will help. She is young and her skin will go back. No worries.
  • xyzena
    xyzena Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised how much skin stretches! There really isn't usually a lot of extra skin unless you're really obese. The skin around your problem area will be more stretchy though but nothing you have to worry about. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!