fat free pretzels healthy??

Options
I have been eating rold gold pretzel sticks for a few weeks now as a snack, is this healthy??

it says 53 pretzels is 100 calories

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise yes. But no real nutritional value and the sodium is typically high.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Agreed^
    Simple carbs, bleached flour, sodium and no nutritional value.
    They aren't awful for you, but they're definitely not contributing anything positive to your body.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It's not unhealthy if you incorporate it into your calories, however they are high in sodium. They are lacking any sort of nutritional value, as they are not whole wheat so they have no fiber or anything beneficial. As an occasional snack they are ok :D
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    They're basically just white flour so I don't imagine there's much nutritional value in them.
  • johnsonc16
    Options
    that is what I was worried about because the sodium per serving is 490 mg, it says NO MSG and 0g trans fat but I do not know much about that kind of stuff
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Agreed^
    Simple carbs, bleached flour, sodium and no nutritional value.
    They aren't awful for you, but they're definitely not contributing anything positive to your body.

Yes this ^^ If they keep you from eating something really unhealthy then keep eating them. But there are definitely more nutritious snacks to be had.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I eat pretzles and have a protein with them.. either peanut butter or a laughing cow wedge. Gives it a bit more satistfying punch.