christmas eating

Options
hello all i was wondering if anyone is planning ahead for xmas with respects of to diet or not over xmas. i intend to carry on my diet over xmas and im looking at ways of making foods that will give me that lovely christmas grub without the extra cals. whats your plan

Replies

• PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In a word NO. There are limits to how dedicated I'm willing to be.

Good luck to you though.

Phil
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    To enjoy all the foods that my family always makes. Im not going to change anything because im on a "diet" Iive life and enjoy it :D

Bring on the prosciutto and lasagna!
  • nickinackynoo
    Options
    I generally eat as much as i would on a normal day - but on the days i know i have a party/ dinner etc i don't worry about it.

I usually say between 16-17th December (first xmas dinner) until New year's day is my off-time but i don't gorge every day.

Hope this helps.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...can't wait for the holiday eats. =)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I plan to allow myself to eat the things that we traditionally have, but I will make sure it's just that day. I can curb it on Christmas Eve and I can make sure I exercise both on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. You can eat it, just try to have it in moderation. It's only one day!
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I've found that taking a small plate (salad size) rather than a large plate at family gatherings help. You can't load up the small plate with as much food and it helps you pace yourself to see if you get full. Just a suggestion! :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to enjoy the things that I REALLY like, skip the rest, and exercise enough to maintain my weight.:bigsmile:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Well at this mo in time i am worring like heck about it! But if i am acually losing weight no worries at all i wont be naughty...(last xmas i never even had 1 chocolate! not 1 i was sooo proud of myself or maybe it was just shock!! lol but since then i have not lost anything weight wise(not through not tring) on a plataux!
    so we will see!
    so it will be either :drinker: or :cry:
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hanukah is 8 days... so in a word.. no? besides I will be so pregnant by then hopefully I won't be able to eat too much because teh baby will be huge!

I know I'm planning on a big get together at Buca di Beppo on December 17th to celebrate me finishing college, turning 22, and having my baby in a few weeks so kinda a last hurrah! :) my mom went into labor while eating italian with my sister so hopefully I will follow in her foot steps..hahah
  • amkelley
    Options
    I will probably be more of a light eater, but will definitely indulge in my favorites!!! I had just lost about 70 pounds after having my 2nd son in January of 2010 and at Thanksgiving last year and I literally couldnt eat like I used to. I got fuller much more quickly and I couldnt eat the sweets like I once did! It was also about 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant again and then at xmas I was so sick from all day pregnancy sickness that I didnt eat much then either. I have 12 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-preggo weight so I hope my diet changes will help me eat just a little this year at the holidays too!
  • howmyworldruns
    Options
    This will be my 1st Holiday season while dieting/eating better and exercising. I do not plan on depriving myself of food, but I will control my portions and not over eat. And of course, keep exercising so I can burn all or most of my extra calories!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Last year I compensated for treats by exercising more and having smaller portions of everything. Of course some days I think ALL I had was treats! But most days I stayed within my net calorie goal. I just was very deliberate about my choices, and made it all balance out.

I was in maintenance over the holidays, and I'm happy to say that I did not gain significantly (less than 4 lbs, and that was up and down constantly. I consider staying within 4 lbs of my lowest weight maintaining. If I go beyond that, I cut the calorie goal back to my weight loss days until I'm back to my lower weight). I'm hoping to tackle the holidays the same way this year, but maybe control the sugar intake a bit better!
  • christysherry
    christysherry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I plan to continue my 'healthy eating' over the xmas.......you can still have a great xmas but subtitute the crap with healthy options....also planning to do a some excercise over the xmas....would hate to undo all the good work i've done so far....:-) Also afraid if i revert back to my 'old ways' i may not get back 'in the zone'.... It's far enough away for you to plan and fill the cuboard with what you should be eating...with family and friend supporting you it should be no problem.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    hello all i was wondering if anyone is planning ahead for xmas with respects of to diet or not over xmas. i intend to carry on my diet over xmas and im looking at ways of making foods that will give me that lovely christmas grub without the extra cals. whats your plan
    I always "cut up" right before the Holidays because I INTEND to enjoy the food with my family. I know I'll gain weight, so hence that's the start of my "bulk up" cycle!!
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I've found that taking a small plate (salad size) rather than a large plate at family gatherings help. You can't load up the small plate with as much food and it helps you pace yourself to see if you get full. Just a suggestion! :)
    This is what I do. And since my aunt makes my favorite cookies, but only makes a few with the jelly/jam I like (and I'm the only relative who likes these cookies, the same ones with the jelly I don't like are in memory of my late uncle who's favorite were the same as mine) I will have a few cookies. But they have pecans in them so that counts as healthy, right? :)
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    I plan on eating and drinking whatever I want (like I do now), but continuing to exercise...I even have a run planned with some family members on Christmas morning :) Christmas is my favorite time of year usually, but last year I almost lost my mother. So this year my family plans on doing it big and I will not worry about it for one second!!! You gotta live your life once and awhile! Ho Ho Ho!
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I plan to take Christmas day and Thanksgiving day off but not to completely let myself go. I find I do better if I give myself a break once in awhile.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm going to fully enjoy Christmas Day as we're at my boyfriend's parents and his Mum's cooking is the best I've ever tasted so I'm going to take a day to fully enjoy it!!
    Other than that I'm going to be still healthy eating until New Year's Eve because we usually go out and drink lots... :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It's not the meals that bother me...its the snacks! Quality streets laying everywhere, matchmakers, just take a handful, etc etc. I always save up my Sainsburys reward points for xmas...got £60 so far for this year, which in the past always paid for the xmas treats. But this year...hmmm...wonder how many calories are in the noisette triangle?
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I plan on making some healthier items to take to our families for me and husband to eat. Now I'm sure we will eat some of the "not good for ya but taste so good" food but will also have the items there that are better for us. So we will enjoy it too with out feeling like we are depriving ourselves of the "good food". And gonna exercise during that time as well.