Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back Again!

Hi!

My name is Kim and I am back. I used MFP for about 3 months this past Summer and then lost site of my goal. Since that time, I went back to my old habits of eating as I pleased and not exercising. Recenlty I discovered that I am a Type II Diabetic. That news what not something I was prepared to hear. I am looking for friends for support and motivation along this journey. I want/need to get the weight off because I hate the way this medication makes me feel! Talk about a kick in the behind to get you motivated!!!! I would appreciate any and all help!

Thanks MFP Friends!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Welcome!! I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I know that must have been incredibly difficult. Good for you for taking things into your own hands! You sound dedicated and motivated, and I know you can do it :D
    Feel free to add me!
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Yes I agree with the OP...feel free to add me too!!! I wish you the best!!!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Hi, Welcome back. I'm still consider new here but not to weight loss.. Feel free to friend me :) I'm always willing to help anyway I can :)
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Welcome back! It must have been difficult for you when your diagnosis came, but I'm impressed that you're moving ahead and really wanting to do this!! :D Here's wishing you all the best in your journey! Have added you as a friend :)
  • me1howard
    me1howard Posts: 45 Member
    Welcome! I too have type II Diabetes...I'm here if ya need me! Good luck!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but I know you can do it. My mother was disgnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol (along with other medical conditions). She has the money to do Weight Watchers and that forum works for her - she has lost enough weight to get off of the deiabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol medication and she feels great. She is also still losing weight. Just remember take it one day at a time. It is a long, hard and enjoyable process. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • welcome back! I've come back too. I'm looking for support as well, so, feel free to friend me.