Hi...new here...looking for support

Options
Hi...I'm Bridget. I found this site pretty much by accident and I am really excited. I have tried all sorts of diets in the past 10 years but I think I found the program for me and I just need to stick with it. I'll be on here a lot for support and to support. I love the way it is set-up! Well, i'm just getting started so I haven't lost any weight yet but here's to this week! Have a great week everyone!!!

Bridget :happy:

175710.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• IrishLass
    IrishLass Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi...I'm Bridget. I found this site pretty much by accident and I am really excited. I have tried all sorts of diets in the past 10 years but I think I found the program for me and I just need to stick with it. I'll be on here a lot for support and to support. I love the way it is set-up! Well, i'm just getting started so I haven't lost any weight yet but here's to this week! Have a great week everyone!!!

175710.png
  • Reen39
    Reen39 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Bridget! Welcome, I'm Reen. I've been here for a couple of weeks now and it's awesome! I'm 39 and I've lost 18 lbs. so far! I have many more to go, but I'm in it for the long hull! I started at 241 and now I'm 223. I'd like to see under 200 before my 40th at the end of Sept.! Ultimately, I'd like to see 150, but I'm taking it one small goal at a time. I too am looking for support buddies so Ihope to hear from you soon!
    Reen
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! I hope you have great success! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

175710.png

Hi Bridget, and welcome to THE best site on the web! I hear you with the trying just about every diet out there! Me too, even hypnosis, TWICE! Nothing really worked until I found MFP! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, if you don't already. I love it here. This is a great site. It is very supportive, helpful, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • IrishLass
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and warm welcome! Just to add a little bit of info...I'm 35 and currently at 177 lbs...I'm 5'2'' ...so I'm really short. Ideally, I need to be around 125, which is my goal. I have pneumonia right now so it's really hard to get the exercise in but that doesn't give me an excuse for not eating right. I'm keeping the food journal and following a plan from Jillian Michaels...for a while I was just in a state of feeling I would never be able to do this...again. I've lost weight before and wasn't able to keep it off because I couldn't keep up the eating plan designed by WW...it was just so restrictive considering the amount of "points" I was given to work with. I've never been the most nutritional eater but I'm trying as I know it's best for me. I just recently started watching the Biggest Loser and I have to tell you, it's very motivational...at least for me. I was so excited to find this site because I don't have a lot of people in my life that are in my situation...that need to lose weight. Plus, they've seen me lose weight before and then regain, then lose, then regain...I want to do this and be proud of myself! I know I can do this but having people that understand is a safe haven to turn to and I need that too...I hope we can all help each other and support one another.

thanks again and we'll chat soon!!!

Bridget
  • Reen39
    Reen39 Posts: 9
    Options
    Feel better soon Bridget!
  • alotasmyls
    Options
    Hey girl! I just joined yesterday and I'm totally pumped bout this site too. I am 29, and like you, I have lost weight before....I weighed 210 at my heaviest and lost down to 140...now Im back up to 170...I remember that drinking TONS of water helped me to shed the pounds very quickly. Actually it was the ONLY beverage I drank, but I'm drinking diet soda now...plus a lot of water. Drinking a full glass before each and every meal or snack really helps to give you that "full" feeling and help to keep you from over eating. I also suggest LOTS of fruits and vegetables. I wish you the best on your weight loss journey and hope that we can be friends and do this together!
    Cheers!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • ddavis83
    ddavis83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to this. I used a similar site last week but it has stopped working (the site) so i stumbled upon this one.

last week I managed to lose 1lb but i felt like I was starving myself. The other site advised me not to eat my excercise cals.

Does anybody use theirs?

Good luck to everyone
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bridget & dd!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mandiemoo
    Options
    hi im new too and loving the site
    trying to work out how to apply my ticker

175909.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • layna1206
    layna1206 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great site - I just joined a few days ago. The reason why it's so great is that everyone is in the same boat! I wish you luck - keep in touch if you want!
  • IrishLass
    Options
    Thank you!!!:happy:
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and warm welcome! Just to add a little bit of info...I'm 35 and currently at 177 lbs...I'm 5'2'' ...so I'm really short.

Sorry for the late welcome =) But hiya Bridget and I hope now finds you feeling better. I'm 5'2'' as well =D Short girls unite!

Good luck on your goal
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're not feeling well! I know it's sooooooooo hard to get motivated to lose weight when you're sick (all I want to do is eat comfort foods and lay on the couch when I'm like that). On the plus side, soup is fantastic! I ate a whole can for lunch today and it was only 200 cals. :) I was pretty stoked!
  • kpfieffer
    Options
    Hi Bridget. Welcome. I'm fairly new to the site also so we can be new together. Any help and support I can give, please ask.