CELL PHONE QUESTION

Options
mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
I have the letters SOS, or if I turn my phone upside down it's 505, where my bars would be on my cell phone. Does anyone know what that means?

Replies

• couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Some phones put SOS when you're in a low signal area where all you can do is emergency calling. Others will say "Emergency Calls only" and others have an X on top of the bars to show no signals.

What kind of phone is it?
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    check your sim card too...i googled it and that was the main cause according to others...
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    if it's T-mobile, it means you're not getting a signal. Must be roaming out of your neighborhood. I get SOS at my friend's house which is less than 15 miles from mine - stupid cell providers ...
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    save our ship?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    It's a T-Mobile Blackberry phone. While I was at the transit station this morning it was very cloudy and I thought maybe that was interferring with the signal. Now I'm at work though and the sun is shining and I never have trouble getting a signal but I still can't get a signal. I'll try taking the SIM card out and putting it back in and see if that helps.

Ok, I just turned my phone off and back on and I'm getting a signal now. I'm so not technologically smart. :embarassed:

Thanks for all who responded. Save our ship! :laugh: That may have been it except I was on dry land. :laugh: