Insanity Vs Jillian

Options
Which DVD works best for you?
I've done jillian michaels DVDs looking for a new DVD.

How does insanity compare?
Results?

Replies

• Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have one week left of Insanity and I love it! I am no poster child for the program, but I feel so much better and I know I am way more toned than before. I feel so accomplished after completing each and every workout!
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do Insanity :) I started with Jillian and then went to Insanity :) You won't be sorry!!! :)
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am almost complete with INSANITY and it is a really intense program. You really have to push yourself to get results and finish the program. My girlfriend likes the Jillian Michaels DVDs and have tried INSANITY and hates it. But I think it is more of her needing to get in shape by finishing the Jilian Micheals before going into the INSANITY. You should be ready if you have made it through and are comfortable with the Jilian Micheals. If you are still struggling however, I'd say just milk the Jilian Micheals a little longer. You should continue to see results. Good Luck!
  • nowgirl2004
    nowgirl2004 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How long is each workout (minutes wise) in insanity?
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ummm slight diffence in workouts here...
    jillian is a gentle walk or insanity is a run for you life as you are being chased by zombies! :noway:
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    How long is the insanity dvd? I'm looking for a new one too, but can't do much past 30mins since I do it when my kids nap. Thanks
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    jillian is a gentle walk or insanity is a run for you life as you are being chased by zombies! :noway:

Love it! Changed the chase to maybe vampires and i'm on board! lol =)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

Love it! Changed the chase to maybe vampires and i'm on board! lol =)

i like the odd warewolf personally! :drinker:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    How long is the insanity dvd? I'm looking for a new one too, but can't do much past 30mins since I do it when my kids nap. Thanks
    It is a set of DVDs which range from 30-86 minutes according to the beachbody website. Feel free to message me w/ any other questions.
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've mixed p90x and insanity. Insanity will keep you at your high heartrate. My high is 170, and i'm there the majority of the workout, very quick way to burn calories.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i have Jilan right now and afterwards i plan to do insanity.!!! im a lilo scared of insanity but i want it. i did noticed that they use aq lot of the same excerises in certian videos so many i can handle it
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Not sure why my first reply didn't post. But I've done Insanity twice! It's a great workout. My endurance skyrocketed and I lost a total of like 30lbs. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or send a friends request.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Both are great workouts. I completed Insanity late last year but still incorporate my favorite workouts every once in a while. Along with Jillian. If you want to move on to an advanced cardio program I would do Insanity. Your endurance will increase tremendously. I still work with Jillian b/c she has strength exercises which I think are equally important in any workout program and it's a great quick workout. I also recommend Shaun T.'s Insanity upper body workout is fantastic!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I still work with Jillian b/c she has strength exercises which I think are equally important in any workout program

I think a lot of people forget that sometimes. Glad you said it :)
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    Never done Jillian, but insanity is a fat shredder... most workouts the first month are about 40 mins (with one close to an hour when you add abs). Second month, they are all about and hour with one about 77 with abs.

If you only have 1/2 an hour they might not work for you-- are you interested in cardio only-- if not-- I use another BB vid half- hour power hour --when I am in a time crunch - the routines are pretty good workouts for 1/2 hour-- it has different 1/2 routines for legs, rear, arms and such.

Right now I do the 30DS while my boys nap and I try to go for a 5k jog 3x a week in the evening. Most of the time I push the boys in a double jogging stroller but with weather changing I'm looking into different things. Insanity might not be something that will work well for me right now:mad: What is a BB video?
  • QBee73
    QBee73 Posts: 53
    Options
    I love them both but I must say Insanity is the winner hands down!!! I had great results in my first 60 days of Insanity. Plan on doing it again in November thru the end of the year. (See my page for pic results)
  • kimkimchi
    Options
    Insanity will get you into better shape. It's a lot higher intensity than Jillian's 30DS. That being said it also can take a toll on your knees and ankles, so if you have weaknesses in them it might be better to start with 30DS.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'd say Insanity is better. But it's way more cardio based. The first month's videos are about 40 minutes but if I ever need to shorten a video I just shorten the stretching (after the first little bit of cardio you do like 6 or so minutes of stretching so I just stretch a bit then skip over it).

Right now I'm doing Insanity 3 x a week (I personally would not be able to do the whole program which consists of doing the videos 6x a week because I would get soooooooooooooo bored) and I'm doing Jillian (30ds or ri30) because of the weight lifting in it.