When I wake up early, I'm hungry all day

Options
On days where I wake up later, I usually have no problem staying under my calorie limit. In fact, sometimes, I find it even hard to reach it.

But on the days where I have to wake up early for school or work, I am hungry aaallll day and end up snacking all leaving me with almost no calories for dinner. I usually try to do some exercise when go over my limit on those days, but sometimes, I'm just too tired!

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way I could eat something that would keep me full longer that's not too high in calories? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have this exact problems.. Most people would suggest just having a bunch of small meal throughout the day, but I can't do that.. I always feel hungry.

Just try to eat foods with a lot of fiber. It helps keeping you feel fuller longer.
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I totally have this problem. Could it be a lack of sleep causing you to want more energy (i.e. food)?

If you're not really hungry and just feel like snacking, drink some tea or munch on something super low-cal like cucumbers or other veggies. If you're really hungry, eat a real meal with lots of fiber and protein -- but avoid the carbs! Seriously, when I don't sleep, it's like slow death-by-carbs the next day.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I eat a huge breakfast to include eggs 2-3 with spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. I use spray in the pan. I also then have an english muffin or these new sandwich thins (multi-grain) with strawberry jam. My coffee that's a MUST! This actually keeps me fuller much longer. Try it and see if it works for you? Someone else had a blog about it so I tried it. Works for me!
  • kagome5555
    kagome5555 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat a huge breakfast to include eggs 2-3 with spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. I use spray in the pan. I also then have an english muffin or these new sandwich thins (multi-grain) with strawberry jam. My coffee that's a MUST! This actually keeps me fuller much longer. Try it and see if it works for you? Someone else had a blog about it so I tried it. Works for me!
    Wow and it sounds so delicious too!