10 pounds

Options
My profile isn't public and I haven't "shared" my progress with anyone, but I feel like sharing now: I set myself a reasonable goal of losing 10 lbs. in 6 weeks solely through counting calories (and not restricting myself from any kinds of foods), and continuing to do my regular, moderate exercise of yoga and walking.

AND I MOTHER-FLIPPIN' DID IT.

I shouldn't be so proud of myself--I know 10 lbs. isn't much in the grand scheme of things--but still. I am. I wanted to fit back into my clothes after gaining 10 pounds over the past several months, so I set my mind to it, found this site (which made the process easy and kind of fun) and did it. It's not curing cancer, it's not saving the rainforest, but I still feel like a frickin' rock star.

Yay, me!

Replies

• Ky_Cooms
    Options
    That's awesome! I lost my 10th pound this week also. It's a great feeling!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    that is great. while you should be proud of yourself, as you suggested in your own post, now isn't the time to celebrate or take a break from your hard work. you've seen that results follow hard work. keep it up and more results will follow.
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    great job! i set that goal today (again)............this time it has to happen!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You have every right to be proud of yourself! 10 lbs isn't something that can easily be lost "accidentally"- it takes a lot of work, and at least to me, starting is the hardest part :) Congrats!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    10 lbs is a HUGE thing. Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • kpdgz
    kpdgz Posts: 2
    Options
    Good point, hmalin1--but actually, I'm done. I only wanted to lose 10, and now I like where I am. The trick, of course, will be keeping from gaining the 10 right back! I really like how this process (and this site) helped me be aware of (1) how many calories the foods I like have and (2) how every little bite counts. I'm hopeful that what I've learned will help me be more mindful of the calories I'm ingesting every day without having to meticulously log those calories.
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey, 10 lbs is 10lbs no matter how you look at it. Great job!
  • SexiB
    SexiB Posts: 46
    Options
    My profile isn't public and I haven't "shared" my progress with anyone, but I feel like sharing now: I set myself a reasonable goal of losing 10 lbs. in 6 weeks solely through counting calories (and not restricting myself from any kinds of foods), and continuing to do my regular, moderate exercise of yoga and walking.

AND I MOTHER-FLIPPIN' DID IT.

I shouldn't be so proud of myself--I know 10 lbs. isn't much in the grand scheme of things--but still. I am. I wanted to fit back into my clothes after gaining 10 pounds over the past several months, so I set my mind to it, found this site (which made the process easy and kind of fun) and did it. It's not curing cancer, it's not saving the rainforest, but I still feel like a frickin' rock star.

Yay, me!

WTG!!! just go 10lbs at a time till you reach your goal...thats what i have been trying to do and i feel good so far...:smile:
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!